Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inconsistent sizing with Penguin/Munsingwear pants?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent sizing with Penguin/Munsingwear pants?

I've gotten a few pairs of Penguin pants off of Ebay or various sales sites, and I really like them.

However, I just bought a pair in my usual size, and they were WAY too short AND small in the waist. It was like I had ordered down a size!

Is this a fluke? Are these cheapo pants with unreliable sizing? Anybody have the same issue?

Unfortunately, I've had the same problem with almost every major clothing brand.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
      Unfortunately, I've had the same problem with almost every major clothing brand.
      Agreed. Consistency on mass produced clothes isn’t the best. Some are worse than others. For some pants I order online I have to bring them to the store and try a few of the same size on to get the right fit.

Comment

This is going to be a problem with basically any mass-produced clothing item. What's funny is when you go to a store and try on something like Levi's and two pairs of pants that are the same size, same style, same material type, but different color will manage to fit completely differently. And that's without accounting for things like different rates of shrinkage that different garments will exhibit after wearing/washing.

If you're buying clothing off eBay or the like, it is probably more reliable to go off garment measurements (if provided) rather than label size.
        Ben

Comment

When they make the average mass produced clothing item, they will take a stack of fabric and cut it with a machine resembling a band saw. This method accounts for much of the variation in sizes that will happen, even within the same size and fit of an item of clothing. Size differences not accounted for by the cutting method, can happen because of the individual seam allowance.

This is the reason I recommend that you always try on clothes when possible.

Comment

Not just a penguin issue. Try on anything off the rack. If I order online I usually get a couple of sizes and return the unwanted at the store, assuming policies allow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by idvsego View Post
              Not just a penguin issue. Try on anything off the rack. If I order online I usually get a couple of sizes and return the unwanted at the store, assuming policies allow.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
              when buying alpha dockers, i usually just buy a bunch of extras and return the duds to a store later.

Comment

Working...
              X