Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Splurge or not? - summer suit

So,

As I posted in a recent summer suit thread, I'm thinking about picking up a linen suit for summer weddings / warm conditions.

I have a navy fitzgerald one on hold at brooks brothers, which I can get for around $500 on sale this Wednesday.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 419&Product_Id=1646204&Parent_Id=216&default_color =NAVY&sort_by=newArrivals&sectioncolor=&sectionsiz e=

My question is this: Is it worth spending $500 on a suit like this that won't quite be a staple? Obviously I won't get enough value out of this suit like this than I would a normal wool one that I'd wear around the office.

Should I just suffer through a few warm weddings with my regular wool suit and save some money?

Depends. How many times do you think you'll wear it. 1-2, save your money. 5+ might want to buy it.

Comment

For a linen suit, I would $500 is a bit too much. The problem with Linen is that one is really limited when it can be worn. If you want to splurge in a summer suit, how about a Khaki or Navy Blue cotton? Both can be worn to the office, easy to break up into separates, and still cool enough to be worn at a summer wedding. I have worn the Khaki cotton suit I bought in early March probably 4 times as a suit, and worn the slacks/jacket by itself another 4-5 times.

Comment

Working...
      X