Thursday Boot Company Shoe Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Boot Company Shoe Sale

Was on the lookout for affordable black cap toe oxfords. Love 5th avenues from AE but it's really hard for me to justify buying then when I hardly ever wear black shoes and have a whole lot of other high priority purchases to make.

Anyway, happened to come across this sale going on tomorrow: https://thursdayboots.com/pages/choose-what-you-pay.

Looks like the executive, their cap toe oxford, can be had for $80 tomorrow. Anybody here have any experience with Thursday Boot Company before? This looks to be their first line of shoes from them but is this too good to be true or a solid option?

I have owned a pair of their Captains, a wallet and a belt. I have returned a pair of Commanders.

The Captains have held up great. They are comfortable to wear if you aren't moving around much, but they can be quite uncomfortable on long walks. There is something about the sole or shank that causes my foot to ache after about a mile. And I'm used to walking long distances in all kinds of shoes. Two Saturdays ago, I walked about 5 miles in cowboy boots with 1.5" heels. In Italy last fall, every day for over a week, we walked anywhere from 4-8 miles, and I wore AE loafers and AE chukkas with leather soles the whole time. But if you aren't doing much walking around, they look great (I've gotten tons of compliments) and have been durable for the price.

The belt and wallet were fine. I ultimately ditched both because I went to a slim, front pocket wallet, and the belt was only 1" thick (I typically do 1.25" belts). No complaints about the quality.

I had to send the Commanders back when I bought them. They arrived with tons of leather blemishes, scuffs, and stitching errors. TBC gave me a hard time about returning them even though I sent pictures in my original email and more pictures in my follow-up email. After a few exchanges, they eventually sent a return label free of charge and issued a refund.

So my experiences with the company are mixed. They have gotten a pretty bad reputation on the GYW reddit, but at the price point, I think they're fine. No experiences with the shoes, although those new loafers don't look too bad.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I don't think anyone has had experience with their shoes yet. I think tomorrow is when they start selling them. My only concern now is their description of the leather used:

"100% of the leather we use is sourced from Tier 1 USA cattle and tanned with world class partners. Highlights of the collection include Horween’s famous Natural Chromexcel and the new Color #16 Chromexcel, Brown and Black Thursday Chrome (developed in partnership with the gold-certified Le Farc tannery in Mexico), and our fan favorite Cognac WeatherSafe™ Suede. Great leathers only get better with time as they develop unique patinas that reflect your daily adventures"

Wouldn't chromexcel scuff quite a bit for a dress shoe like a cap toe oxford? But then again, if only $80 does it matter much?

Comment

Goodyear welted shoes for $80? For one day only, tomorrow.

I'll be checking it out. Thanks for the tip.
        WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

how do these shoes fit compared to allen edmonds?

Comment

My my. Does this deal extend to their whole catalog or just the new shoe line?
            I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Rand81 View Post
              Was on the lookout for affordable black cap toe oxfords. Love 5th avenues from AE but it's really hard for me to justify buying then when I hardly ever wear black shoes and have a whole lot of other high priority purchases to make.

Anyway, happened to come across this sale going on tomorrow: https://thursdayboots.com/pages/choose-what-you-pay.

Looks like the executive, their cap toe oxford, can be had for $80 tomorrow. Anybody here have any experience with Thursday Boot Company before? This looks to be their first line of shoes from them but is this too good to be true or a solid option?
              $80.00 it's a price worth taking a risk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

Site is down

Comment

Demand is so high, the site crashed.

Comment

Originally posted by thiswasandy View Post
                    Site is down
                    Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
                    Demand is so high, the site crashed.
                    Or maybe this was a publicity scam and they never meant to sell anything for $80.
                    WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
                      Or maybe this was a publicity scam and they never meant to sell anything for $80.
                      Doubtful. That's such a bad business decision that there is no net value to it. They probably underestimated demand, which is still frustrating to the consumer but not malicious. They were offering a choose your own price for 24 hours. While the lowest price was around $80, they were probably hoping people chose to pay in the low $100 range. Their shoes will retail for $170, I think.

Comment

Site is back up, ordered a set of dark brown loafers for around 80 bucks + free shipping. Not too shabby. Hopefully the shoe is decent quality.

Comment

Just ordered a pair of the Lincoln loafers in Natural. I have never owned a pair of their shoes before, so this was a good way to check out their quality at an affordable price. I only paid $80 and that is the reason I even bought them. Slick marketing, because if I like them I will buy many more.

Comment

The Paypal receipt came through as:

Unit Price $480.00 USD
                            Discount -$400.00 USD
                            Total $80.00 USD

lol

Comment

I also took a shot in the dark with a pair from TBC shoes. I figured it's a chance to see how their leather looks and feels in person before maybe dropping two hundred on a pair of boots later this fall. At $80 the sale is final - no refund no exhange. For $81 they will accept refunds and exchanges but for a $30 fee. So I 'paid up' one dollar, to potentially recover $50 just in case the quality is as bad as Paddington mentioned.
                              __________________________________________________ ____
                              "Everybody needs to drive an automobile, even the very tall."

Comment

Working...
                              X