Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Token
    replied
    Seems like at least some people got their orders through so I wouldn't call it a scam. Part of this was a marketing push so they had a limited supply for sale which they sold out of: I don't think the goal was to sell these shoes for $80 to every single person who wanted them.

Leave a comment:

• TheManJournals
    replied
    I also ordered their Lincoln loafer in natural for $80. Let's see what they have to offer.

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    They are all sold out--everything.

What a scam.
    It's disappointing, but I don't know if I'd go so far as calling it a scam. Judging by the time stamps in this thread (and the conversation about the site crashing and such), it sounds like a lot of people may have been waiting to pounce at midnight when the sale started.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by Deke View Post
    Thankfully (for my wallet) I didn't see this until it was too late. My size on that natural Lincoln loafer is sold out.
    They are all sold out--everything.

What a scam.

Leave a comment:

• Deke
    replied
    Thankfully (for my wallet) I didn't see this until it was too late. My size on that natural Lincoln loafer is sold out.

Leave a comment:

• TallTraveller
    replied
    I also took a shot in the dark with a pair from TBC shoes. I figured it's a chance to see how their leather looks and feels in person before maybe dropping two hundred on a pair of boots later this fall. At $80 the sale is final - no refund no exhange. For $81 they will accept refunds and exchanges but for a $30 fee. So I 'paid up' one dollar, to potentially recover $50 just in case the quality is as bad as Paddington mentioned.

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    The Paypal receipt came through as:

Unit Price $480.00 USD
    Discount -$400.00 USD
    Total $80.00 USD

lol

Leave a comment:

• Shade
    replied
    Just ordered a pair of the Lincoln loafers in Natural. I have never owned a pair of their shoes before, so this was a good way to check out their quality at an affordable price. I only paid $80 and that is the reason I even bought them. Slick marketing, because if I like them I will buy many more.

Leave a comment:

• thiswasandy
    replied
    Site is back up, ordered a set of dark brown loafers for around 80 bucks + free shipping. Not too shabby. Hopefully the shoe is decent quality.

Leave a comment:

• batkins9
    replied
    Originally posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Or maybe this was a publicity scam and they never meant to sell anything for $80.
    Doubtful. That's such a bad business decision that there is no net value to it. They probably underestimated demand, which is still frustrating to the consumer but not malicious. They were offering a choose your own price for 24 hours. While the lowest price was around $80, they were probably hoping people chose to pay in the low $100 range. Their shoes will retail for $170, I think.

Leave a comment:

• mebejoseph
    replied
    Originally posted by thiswasandy View Post
    Site is down
    Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
    Demand is so high, the site crashed.
    Or maybe this was a publicity scam and they never meant to sell anything for $80.

Leave a comment:

• batkins9
    replied
    Demand is so high, the site crashed.

Leave a comment:

• thiswasandy
    replied
    Site is down

Leave a comment:

• chiconice
    replied
    Originally posted by Rand81 View Post
    Was on the lookout for affordable black cap toe oxfords. Love 5th avenues from AE but it's really hard for me to justify buying then when I hardly ever wear black shoes and have a whole lot of other high priority purchases to make.

Anyway, happened to come across this sale going on tomorrow: https://thursdayboots.com/pages/choose-what-you-pay.

Looks like the executive, their cap toe oxford, can be had for $80 tomorrow. Anybody here have any experience with Thursday Boot Company before? This looks to be their first line of shoes from them but is this too good to be true or a solid option?
    $80.00 it's a price worth taking a risk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Mad Martigan
    replied
    My my. Does this deal extend to their whole catalog or just the new shoe line?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X