Clarks Desert Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarks Desert Boots

Thinking on picking up a pair of these within the next couple weeks. Just wondering what everyone thinks of them. The general consensus on the internet is that they're amazing but I'd like to hear what you guys think. Anyone own a pair of these and if so what color? Also how do they fit?

Till recently I owned a pair in the sand suede. I didn't brush them or anything; I like to rock 'em dirty. They're incredible and very comfortable. Just be mindful when you're out in the rain. Also, don't overwear them; that crepe sole wears down easily.

I was visiting family and wine spilled on mine. Thinking it'd help I tossed them in the washer. So I'm in the market for a new pair; if you've got a sale go ahead and share!

Comment

Ideally I'd get these:

http://www.davidz.com/products2.cfm/ID/10957/attr1/6623/color/GREY/name/Clarks---Saddle-Leather-Desert-Boot-Grey/

I really like this color grey and thing I'd be able to wear is with pretty much anything. The price is hard though. Going to check the local Clarks outlet first and see if they have any boots first.

Comment

I picked up a pair of Taupe Suede ones. They work really well for casual settings. The crepe sole definitely gets torn up quickly - if you want a more durable typical sole you can get the Bushacre model.

Definitely find them on sale though - Nordstrom rack usually has them for about $65, or you can find regular Banana Republic codes for 40% off to also get them in the $50-$60 range.

Comment

I gotta pair of the sand suede ones in the Original desert boot and a beeswax leather in the bushacre. I find that the desert books are a bit more comfy (sans socks) after the initial break in phase. Also, you don't notice it at first but the bushacres are a bit darker colorwise than the desert boots. I'd look at both in the color you like then decide. As far as the crepe sole, it may dirty up quick and may not be as durable, but outside of vibram five fingers, I haven't seen a sole as flexible.

Comment

I went with grey suede bushacres for my desert boot purchase. I wanted to be able to wear them to an internship I have, so a dirty crepe sole wasn't going to cut it. Now the problem is finding a belt that is grey and dressy enough for casual office-wear. Currently thrifting for a grey cotton D-ring for casual as well.

Comment

Working...
            X