do it yourself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do it yourself

I'm a grown ass man, so when there's something to be done, I try to do it myself. Lately that's extended to tailoring - I have a Kenmore sewing machine - & it's a rewarding experience. I'm not (yet) skilled enough to take in a blazer but I've made some righteous shorts out of some old Bonobos slacks, made a bunch of tees more form-fitting, & recently learned how to take in a pair of jeans at the butt seam. Anybody else do any of their own tailoring? Anybody completely averse to it?

There was a thread earlier and there weren't a ton of practitioners. I'd love to learn though. What was the best resource for you to learn how to do it?

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

check out survivalofthefittist.com on tumblr...he has a whole litany of posts titled "Meatball Tailoring" on his adventures of self-tailoring. Basically a WIWT blog with some interesting posts.

Comment

Query whether a 'grown ass man' labels himself a 'grown ass man'. Also query if 'grown ass man' and 'grown-ass man' actually mean the same thing.

Comment

I feel grown ass man and grown-ass man can be mutually inclusive depending on what you look for in a woman.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

@tom -- very fair point.

Comment

Yeah, I want to try to learn some basic tailoring.

Comment

@tomservo: I use YouTube & search on what I aim to do. This channel has some helpful jawns.

@hornsup: Troll on, brother.

Comment

Your website have very interesting article. replica rolex watches

I got knowledge from here. Besides that, your blog is so popular among the searchers from search engines.A good watch may let you cause more brilliant! replica rolex watches

It means yours website is very good.

Comment

Working...
                  X