• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any advice for dealing with poor Orient USA customer service

-Watch ran out of spec
    -My emails were ignored, i sent a reminder
    -They accepted and serviced my watch
    -Receive watch back, runs ok for a couple months, then starts running out of spec again
    -Emails ignored, send a friendly reminder
    -Still no response

I'm asking them to flat out send another replacement instead of servicing again. 1 year warranty expires in July. In the first year I've had a watch that ran within specs for a total of maybe 2 months, that's unreasonable imo. But I am getting no response....

Where did you buy the watch? You may be able to go through those channels quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
      Where did you buy the watch? You may be able to go through those channels quicker.
      Direct through Orient USA....

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
        Direct through Orient USA....
        I'd chalk it up to a loss or find a local jeweler who could service your watch. Aren't most Orient watches disposable anyhow...like I'd assume the service cost is about the same as a new watch?

Comment

-Watch ran out of spec
          -My emails were ignored, i sent a reminder
          -They accepted and serviced my watch
          -Receive watch back, runs ok for a couple months, then starts running out of spec again
          -Emails ignored, send a friendly reminder
          -Still no response

I'm asking them to flat out send another replacement instead of servicing again. 1 year warranty expires in July. In the first year I've had a watch that ran within specs for a total of maybe 2 months, that's unreasonable imo. But I am getting no response....
          If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

Comment

Is there a phone number you can call as opposed to sending email?

Comment

To address the issue, I would take the next step to social media, whether tweeting, Facebook comments, or other methods (I am unsure their social media footprint). I think your requests are reasonable but it seems at their price point and customer service they are more into selling units then customer service. I think after that is best you can do is write reviews and inform others.

On the other hand, is the watch value worth the time and effort? If my Fossil watches break I'd try a little bit to get them to address and then I'd caulk it up as a loss and just never buy from them again. At some point your peace of mind and time has to be worth more than the watch.

Sorry you are going through it. Best of luck.

Comment

I'd chalk it up to a loss or find a local jeweler who could service your watch. Aren't most Orient watches disposable anyhow...like I'd assume the service cost is about the same as a new watch?
                I just went to the website and it looks like they start at $300--not disposable on my budget.
                WHY ARE THE GUYS IN SUITS HERE? HAS SOMETHING GONE WRONG?

Comment

No Orient again

I don't have any suggestions, but am not buying an Orient again. My Bambino developed a problem shortly after the warranty period. Pretty sucky.

Comment

Well it's still under warranty so it's hard for me to chalk up as a loss, as I expect brands to at least stick by their guarantees.

Originally posted by mochi123 View Post
                    If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?
                    It's the Orient Mako USA II, so it's about 280ish after the 30% sales code

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                    Is there a phone number you can call as opposed to sending email?
                    You know, I initially thought there wasn't, but checked again and apparently there is. Good idea, I'll call em tmrw.

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                    To address the issue, I would take the next step to social media, whether tweeting, Facebook comments, or other methods (I am unsure their social media footprint). I think your requests are reasonable but it seems at their price point and customer service they are more into selling units then customer service. I think after that is best you can do is write reviews and inform others.

On the other hand, is the watch value worth the time and effort? If my Fossil watches break I'd try a little bit to get them to address and then I'd caulk it up as a loss and just never buy from them again. At some point your peace of mind and time has to be worth more than the watch.

Sorry you are going through it. Best of luck.
                    I mean, for just under $300 I'm willing to commit quite a bit of time and effort. Spent at least 10 hours researching the watch alone.

Comment

It's the Orient Mako USA II, so it's about 280ish after the 30% sales code
                      Oh heck no, if you paid that much for a watch, you deserve an above and beyond service, sorry to hear that! Might wanna try a local jeweler.

Comment

Originally posted by mochi123 View Post
                        Oh heck no, if you paid that much for a watch, you deserve an above and beyond service, sorry to hear that! Might wanna try a local jeweler.
                        Agreed, I didn't know they were that expensive. I thought they were in the 100 range. Routine persistence in calling and complaining have got to be the only way to go. Always start nice as it usually isn't the representatives fault but simply state your case, and the resolution you want. If they cannot help escalate. I would consider the social media avenues.

I had a problem with my Audi and the local place said Audi of America has to authorize the repair first. They wouldn't give me the time of day past the initial call operator. I tweeted them and was talking to a manager in hours.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                          Agreed, I didn't know they were that expensive. I thought they were in the 100 range. Routine persistence in calling and complaining have got to be the only way to go. Always start nice as it usually isn't the representatives fault but simply state your case, and the resolution you want.
                          Gotta say I agree with being nice. I had an issue with my local telco/internet provider. Persistent calling, politely explaining the issue, and of course documenting everything worked on in the end to my favour. In fact the CSR I was talking to on the phone commented on the fact that he often gets rude people on the phone and they get nowhere. But being nice and realizing they are just doing their job too, worked out ok.

Of course that's not to say I don't lose my cool when crap doesn't go my way. But in this instance, for me anywhere, it worked out. Hopefully it will work with your watch issue too.

Comment

Update: I called them, promptly got an answer, told them my e-mail address and they addressed it within 5 minutes. Turns out, policy doesn't allow a replacement for a timing issue (guess they're really confident they can fix it). But to counteract the guarantee expiration, they do apparently guarantee the work done on the watch for an additional year (instead of from purchase date). They said they'd move my watch to the front of the queue. Sadly, this means I will be w/o my trusted mako for a couple months, but at least it's a solution. Hopefully they can fix it this time.

Comment

Glad to hear you're getting taken care of [MENTION=10540]Scofield[/MENTION]. Will be interested in hearing how it all turns out.

Comment

Working...
                              X