White Athletic Shoe Alternatives?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Athletic Shoe Alternatives?

What are some recommended fashionable athletic shoes to wear that aren't white PureBoosts?

Originally posted by sputman View Post
    What are some recommended fashionable athletic shoes to wear that aren't white PureBoosts?
    Disclaimer: part of the wider foot club here...
    What will you use these for? For training i’m into Reebok nanos or newbalance minimus. For white leather sneakers when not training I have Reebok club c 85’s. Sperry can have some good canvas options.

Comment

Originally posted by sputman View Post
      If you mean white sneakers for casual wear (as opposed to dedicated athletic shoes with all the modern support technology), take a look at the Killshot Alternatives article Joe posted a while back.

https://dappered.com/2017/02/10-alte...lshot-sneaker/

Comment

Can't go wrong with Stan Smiths...

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
          Can't go wrong with Stan Smiths...
          I find them to be so chunky for some reason.

I really like these, but of course they are now sold out of my size. I sure hope they restock them. https://www.jcrew.com/p/E8592?color_name=white-gum

Comment

[MENTION=16293]neminat[/MENTION] I think Joe did a main page post about alternatives to the Killshots. So while the New Balance shoes you like are sold out at the moment, you might be able to find something else that fits the bill. Cheers.

Comment

I'm waiting for epaulet to release the "ghost" white horsehide sneakers.

Right now, they still list the dark brown and tan horsehide sneakers along with the white calfskin. Supposedly, they are going to release a white horsehide sneaker.

Comment

Parchment-colored Converse Chuck Taylors.
                Natural vachetta Puma Clydes.
                Vans old skool veggie tan.

I haven't yet found a lookalike for the Common Projects achilles blue with matching soles and laces, but that would also be on my list.

I also have the PF flyers in a natural / off white, but I have the cheap chinese-made ones and I wouldn't recommend them unless you like seeing a lot of micro-cracks in your leather shoes. I treated them with Coach leather stuff and mink oil before wearing and all of these little cracks appeared immediately upon wearing them for a day or two. They still look OK though, and different vs. all white yeezies.

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
                  I haven't yet found a lookalike for the Common Projects achilles blue with matching soles and laces, but that would also be on my list.
                  I was admittedly in the same boat and couldn't fathom either spending $400 or buying a knockoff from Hong Kong that would fall apart.

I settled on Mezlan Masi in blue which doesn't have matching soles, but does have khaki soles which look good with khaki chinos.

I would still be interested in something like that which didn't cost as much as 3 or 4 pairs like this...

Comment

I just go with Chuck Taylors. And basically I wear them for weightlifting, and going to raves/music festivals. The rest of the time I have AEs that I can wear for just about any situation. If it's casual enough my AEs are "too dressy" then my Chucks are fine. :P
                    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Comment

[MENTION=13399]DocDave[/MENTION] I linked that article from Joe in the post immediately before your first post in this thread on April 8, if you're looking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
                        I was admittedly in the same boat and couldn't fathom either spending $400 or buying a knockoff from Hong Kong that would fall apart.

I settled on Mezlan Masi in blue which doesn't have matching soles, but does have khaki soles which look good with khaki chinos.

I would still be interested in something like that which didn't cost as much as 3 or 4 pairs like this...
                        Those are sweet, but wow, still $300? Maybe I'll take a flyer on Gustin for $150 next time they run blue low tops, but I am nervous about the sizing. I put orthotic inserts in, so if their toe box is too low, I'm screwed.

Comment

Those are sweet, but wow, still $300? Maybe I'll take a flyer on Gustin for $150 next time they run blue low tops, but I am nervous about the sizing. I put orthotic inserts in, so if their toe box is too low, I'm screwed.
                          I cant buy anything from Gustin because fit is far too important for me. I love a lot of their stuff, but the inability to return it is just not worth it

Comment

I bought them for $150. $300 would be too much for me. They were available on both 6pm and Nordstroms at $150 for a few months.

I like the Gustins as well and also worry about sizing.

Does anyone have the white low top from Gustin?

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=7205]Galcobar[/MENTION] Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                              X