Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch running 35 seconds fast/day

Hello all,

I have an Orient Mako USA II that ran about 30+ sec fast/day, so I had to send it in for servicing. When it came back, it only ran abut 5 sec fast/day. Flash forward 3 months and I noticed it was running 8 sec fast/day. I decided to place it on its side over night with the crown up since that previously reduced the speed. Now it is running 35 seconds fast/day! Is there any way to get this back down or am I doomed to send it in for further servicing?

30 second variance isn’t bad for an Orient...I don’t think they’re constructed to run within COSC.

Maybe if you get it regulated it can hold that time variance, but another service (and even the first one) probably isn’t going to do much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Image of the Invisible View Post
      30 second variance isn’t bad for an Orient...I don’t think they’re constructed to run within COSC.

Maybe if you get it regulated it can hold that time variance, but another service (and even the first one) probably isn’t going to do much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orient is rated at +25/-15 so it is out of range

Comment

Did you have it demagnetized? Should be super-cheap at any watch shop.

Comment

Originally posted by carlitos View Post
          Did you have it demagnetized? Should be super-cheap at any watch shop.
          Thought that was the issue last time, so I tested it and that wasn't the issue. What are the chances it's having the same issue as before and now it is magnetized?

Comment

I’m not sure but it’s the first thing a watchmaker asks so I thought I’d pass it along.

Comment

Working...
            X