Shrinkage on BR's Dont-Sweat-It polos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrinkage on BR's Dont-Sweat-It polos

Does anyone here have enough experience with these to say whether the 4% or so of synthetics in the Don't-Sweat-It polos from Banana Republic reduces shrinkage in any meaningful way?

I just bought one in medium-tall. The fit is great through the body, but it's almost comically long on my 6'5" (but relatively short-torsoed) self. I've had a few Banana republic polos in the past that I really liked, but over time they shrunk up so far that the tall sizes barely reached my belt. That might actually work to my favor here.

i cant speak to these specifically, but my luxury touch polo shrunk up like crazy. I will never buy another polo from BR again. You are probably right, this may work out perfectly for you lol.

Comment

Originally posted by neminat View Post
      i cant speak to these specifically, but my luxury touch polo shrunk up like crazy. I will never buy another polo from BR again. You are probably right, this may work out perfectly for you lol.
      I agree completely. I loved that luxury touch polo but after one wear and wash it was done. Makes me very hesitant to buy again despite the seemingly great options.

Comment

From my experience and from what I mentioned in the last thread about the Luxury Touch line, the “Don't Sweat It” style has not shrunk on me. That’s after multiple washes as well.

If I buy from Banana Republic it’s only going to be from the “Don't Sweat It” lines or just pique.
        Last edited by phonix56; July 6, 2019, 04:51 PM. Reason: Odd punctuation marks

Comment

Originally posted by facelessghost View Post
          Does anyone here have enough experience with these to say whether the 4% or so of synthetics in the Don't-Sweat-It polos from Banana Republic reduces shrinkage in any meaningful way?

I just bought one in medium-tall. The fit is great through the body, but it's almost comically long on my 6'5" (but relatively short-torsoed) self. I've had a few Banana republic polos in the past that I really liked, but over time they shrunk up so far that the tall sizes barely reached my belt. That might actually work to my favor here.
          I had serious issues with luxury touch shrinkage.

However, the don't sweat it haven't shrunk at all for me. They are fantastic and I love these polos almost too much. Without overspending, I may never buy another type of polo again. The collars stay down so much better (than luxury touch as well) and the fabric is great for hot summers.

Comment

Agreed. I have three DSI polos and they have not shrunk at all. I even threw one in the dryer by accident and the shrinkage was minimal at best.

Comment

it's bizarre, i tried these on today and they were too large through the body and they don't make a slim fit

BR luxe touch used to be 1 fit only and now they have standard/slim and idk which one fits me any more

such a headache to work out, i'll probably just hope my polos can hold up another year lol

Comment

Update: i went down a size to XS and it fits perfect, if there really is no shrinkage as this topic states

sadly the blue jay color is sold out in XS lol

Comment

Apparently my dryer has 2 settings: warm & shrink your clothes. I've lost too many polo's due to shrinkage, so I've started buying a size up and shrinking them on purpose.

Comment

i honestly dont dry any of my shirts, sweaters, pants, jeans, shorts, etc. Socks and underwear. Thats honestly about it.

Comment

I've got two lux touch polos and two Don't Sweat it Polos from BR. One of the two lux touch polos shrank considerably...the other is probably my favorite polo of all time and didn't shrink a bit....if you can get a deal I'd chance it again because they just feel, well luxurious.

I won't buy the Don't Sweat it Polos again. They did not shrink on me at all, which I guess is unfortunate in your case, but they just don't feel all that nice on. I don't think they keep me any cooler than any run of the mill pique polo. I had the same experience with them being awkwardly long. I have to wear them tucked basically (which I prefer not to), or I guess you could have them hemmed, but how much do you want to spend tailoring a polo...

Comment

Whenever I see the title of this thread I can't help but think of...

Childish. I know.

Comment

Working...
                        X