Bonobos Tuxedo Pockets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos Tuxedo Pockets

I took advantage of the recent Bonobos 50% off sale and was able to pick up their capstone tuxedo for $312.50. However, once it arrived I saw that the jacket pockets were hacking pockets rather than straight pockets (apologies for the poor picture quality):

Per Bonobos' website, the pockets appear to be straight (see below), but I've spoken to 2 different customer service agents who have both said that all of their tuxedos with flap pockets have hacking pockets rather than straight.

I'm hesitant to return because I got such a great deal, however I'm hesitant to go with a non-traditional option considering a tuxedo is an inherently formal and traditional outfit. What would you do?

Standard tuxedo pockets are jetted so any flaps are sort of out of the norm. If I had to choose, I would get straight over hacking but if it was that good of a deal then I would keep it.

Comment

[MENTION=4172]ajkamin2[/MENTION] I have the Capstone tux with shawl collar. I just checked mine, and the pockets look straight like the picture from the website rather than the picture you posted of the jacket you received.
      [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] I agree re: the flaps, but I've discovered that I can tuck in the flaps on this particular jacket and no one can tell. The way the pocket has a satin accent above the flap and at the top of the pocket (hidden by the flap), the flap completely disappears when tucked in. I'm considering having my pockets permanently removed; going to get advice from the tailor when I take in another jacket to have altered tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
      X