Retinol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retinol

I know the beauty industry is filthy with ridiculous pseudo-scientific claims, but apparently retinol creams actually have some legit research behind them. So I'm looking for something to moisturize with at night that has this magic ingredient. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I heard that over-use of Retinol can thin the skin, but I just did a search and it appears I may have heard wrong. Just be careful and monitor yourself.

Comment

I would suggest seeking a prescription for tretinoin and using it under care of a dermatologist.

Comment

Look into The Oridnary. I just bought their retinol serum, hasn’t been long enough for me to review yet but it gets really good reviews

Comment

I hope I have come to the right place. I am 47 years old and I am looking for serums that can help me take care of my skin and also prevent wrinkles. I have been told about retinols which are derivatives of vitamin A, I have done some research and I see a lot of positive feedback, but I wanna get some feedback off the online sales sites to find out more. Thank you in advance and sorry as I noticed that this topic is old.
          Last edited by bestinol; October 3, 2021, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Yes it's legit and has been used successfully for treating acne and anti-aging for decades. It used to be prescription-only (Retin-A).

If using the prescription, you want to use it very sparingly. Like a tiny, tiny dab on each cheek and one on the forehead. If your skin starts peeling you are overusing it.

Also, when you first start using it your acne might get a little worse at first. This is because it accelerates any existing acne, including new pimples that are still under the skin. It usually clears up after a week or two.

Comment

It's legit. Best for some uses over other (pretty good with sun/age spots, decent for wrinkles). I'd recommend consulting with a dermatologist.

Comment

It works. I use the OTC Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair, which I would recommend starting with. If this doesn't give you what you want, maybe try the prescription stuff.

Thanks.

Comment

My wife is in the beauty/cosmetics industry and has her own product line so i get to try everything. So far, the face washes and the retinol serums are the two things that i feel help me the most. I feel like i look less wrinkly after the retinol

Comment

Yeah it's easy to overdo retinol but it does work once you get the right dosage - if it's irritating your skin or turning it red or making it peel you're using too much. If that's happening use less and start out using every other day as opposed to every day - that'll help your skin adapt. As your skin gets used to it you can start using a little more but I think any more than a small amount is pretty much overkill. Why waste it?
                    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Smoking/drinking alcohol/eating junk are really bad (or they were for me)

Drinking plenty of water and a good sunscreen like Reimann P20 are sensible precautions

A few wrinkles in your forties is fine, avoid looking like you have a plastic face is my style tip 🙂

Comment

Working...
                      X