This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SuitSupply's Social Media Ads

Meh, it's 2018. Still don't understand why ppl care who you cuddle, kiss or fuck in your down time.

Provocative? Meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by batkins9 View Post
      https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...77897195574994

SuitSupply is taking some ad risks on Facebook and Instagram by showing gay couples in their newest ads. I'm indifferent to the ads themselves. They don't make me any more or less likely to buy from them; the reaction is interesting, if not predictable.

The comments section is predictably horrifying, with guys pronouncing that they will never shop there and that PC culture is awful. I have many thoughts, but mostly amusement at the idea of tough guys that call others snowflakes but are easily triggered by seeing something they dislike.

I also don't think SuitSupply is being "politically correct" (a term so misused that it has almost not meaning) in their ads. I would argue that they're being politically incorrect because there are still a lot of vocal anti-LGBT proponents in American society. Which brings another point, SuitSupply is not a distinctly American company, right? So why assume their marketing is designed to stoke flames within American consumers?

Anyway, I'm curious what you guys think about SuitSupply's ad campaign. If it bothers you, would you mind explaining why? I'm genuinely curious as to why it matters.
      They can have all the LGBT adds as far I'm concerned. I mainly looking for good quality to price ratio that is my concerned not what there models are wearing on there social media adds.. As long they have a legit sale and I need the item I will be SS customer

Comment

Originally posted by Publius View Post
        Meh, it's 2018. Still don't understand why ppl care who you cuddle, kiss or fuck in your down time.

Provocative? Meh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Of course it shouldn't be an issue, but you only need to look at this thread and a handful of the replies to see that it IS provocative.

Comment

Originally posted by Hierophant View Post
          Of course it shouldn't be an issue, but you only need to look at this thread and a handful of the replies to see that it IS provocative.
          I don't know about provocative. The ads do not offend me but they make me wonder if I'm actually the type of a customer SS is targeting. I guess it's all subjective. I've read some similar discussions here about American Apparel or A&F. Campaigns like this win some new customers while others are lost in the process. In the end it's the company's business decision and it looks like they believe it will have a positive impact on their bottom line. I suppose it really comes down to what our individual preferences and aspirations are. To each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by koltrane View Post
            "Pointlessly provocative" is well said. I find things such as this distracting and obnoxious. What SS hopes to gain is a mystery. They know that this will offend many people and are certainly standing by with the handy charge of "homophobe!" to be leveled at anyone who doesn't find a man sticking his tongue down another man's throat to be appealing.

This is a tacit insult. They are setting the customer up, daring him or her to complain, just so they can point a sanctimonious finger and hurl "deserved" insults at anyone who isn't progressive enough to appreciate their edginess or whatever they want to call it.

I have no respect for a company that engages in this kind of adversarial marketing. Benetton did it in the 90s with their "obituary" of Ronald Reagan dead from AIDS. French Connection UK did it in the 90s with their "FCUK" branding. A&F did it in the 2000s with 10 foot tall pictures in their stores of scantily clad boys and girls who looked for all intents and purposes to be prepubescent. How dare anyone complain! If you do, you're intolerant/backward/prudish/unelightened/etc.

Any merchant who dares me to disagree is one with whom I won't do business, even if I don't disagree. Don't treat me with contempt while suggesting I pay you for the privilege, SuitSupply.
            Nailed it.

Comment

if anyone here has any sort of problem with two men kissing, you need to take a long long look inside yourself and think "why in the fuck does this thing that doesn't effect me at all, seem to matter to me?"

Even if you were some kind of religion where they didn't want you didn't want to kiss guys, as long as it's someone else doing the kissing, it should never ever matter even the smallest bit to you. Just leave them alone, let them do their thing, and don't be huge douche. This world isn't 4chan, you can't just childishly fight whom ever you don't agree with. If you're an adult, sometimes you get to disagree with someone else who does something a little differently than you do.

I would also probably advise that you probably shouldn't be in the 'no guys kissing' religion because it's probably bad news, but that's a totally different issue, and because i'm an adult i'm going to let you continue to believe that it's ok, if you really really want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Slubby Linen View Post
                Nailed it.
                Nailed it like

Ben

Comment

Zombies. Psh. I eat them for breakie.

Comment

Working...
                  X