Do you condition your wallet, belt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you condition your wallet, belt

or leather watch straps? I know most of us condition our shoes, but do you condition any of your other leather products? I was thinking it might be a good idea to condition my wallet, as it sees daily wear and might extend its life. I have conditioned my belt in the past.

Negative. I just let them all age naturally. Although I was looking at my money clip (it's a leather/magnetic one from Coach) and was thinking it's starting to look a little dull. Too much hand oils I suppose. I could probably do with a touch-up.

Comment

Yes. However, I don't condition all that often as these leather goods don't get beat up as badly as shoes.

I do hang belts and leave watch straps and wallets laid out in the open to avoid humidity issues.

Comment

Belt occasionally at best. Wallet and other items no.

Comment

I did a wallet that got all dried out once. Seemed to help. My current saddleback wallet I don’t condition. It seems to have been made with pretty oily leather in the first place and sitting on it keeps it happy. I have conditioned a couple leather notebook covers I have when they felt like they needed it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No but I have been meaning to do my belts

Comment

Yes, belts and watch bands - usually just the once a year if they look a little dry. Otherwise, very rarely.

Comment

Once in a while, I would just do a quick wipe with a leather, but only when it catches my attention

Comment

Huh, my wallet looks fine. Belt? I wear suspenders.

Comment

I have a simple card wallet from Saddleback. I condition rarely - once I've marked it up a good amount.

Comment

Originally posted by Shade View Post
                      or leather watch straps? I know most of us condition our shoes, but do you condition any of your other leather products? I was thinking it might be a good idea to condition my wallet, as it sees daily wear and might extend its life. I have conditioned my belt in the past.
                      My belts once a year not my wallets.

Comment

Working...
                      X