Satisfaction Guaranteed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Satisfaction Guaranteed

just posing a question to the general assembly. Does anyone ever feel a difficulty in feeling "satisfied" in the updating of their wardrobe? I've been making leaps and bounds in terms of improving quality, fit, style, etc. but for some reason, the more i update, the less satisfied i feel about the pieces i have, ie. needing to get the next....

Reading the question, i almost feel like i shouldn't post it, but i'm curious now to know if anyone has any similar sentiments.

Definitely, but a lot of that comes from missing so many staples and trying to play catch up. I think when a lot of the bases are covered it will taper off a bit.

Comment

I have all the staples and still want moaarrrr. If left unchecked, I could easily buy clothes faster than they could be worn.

Comment

Definitely feel this way. I'm in the same process you are and it has taken a toll on my savings lol.

I'm thinking hopefully once every staple has been bought, I won't have to buy anymore! but i'm sure that's not gonna happen. Just thinking of all the shoes I wanna get...

Comment

I feel the same way sometimes, but like others said, it comes down to having the staples. I can tell I'm starting to get to that point, and it feels good. But there will always be a few more things you want, so you just have to be aware of the feeling so it doesn't take over.

My strategy recently has been to keep track of the items I still need, and only to buy those (and better yet, only on a sale).

I think it's also a seasonal thing. I was starting to feel better about my wardrobe, and then summer came. Now I'm dissatisfied with my wardrobe cause I haven't built up enough cooler options.

Comment

I did exactly what you said, problem is its just too easy to add on to the list

Comment

Working...
            X