What wash/color jeans with navy blazer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What wash/color jeans with navy blazer?

So, most of the jeans I own are in a very dark wash (close to indigo). These look good with gray blazers, but I think they look too dark/similar to navy to wear together.

What wash do you like with navy blazers?

Here are some from LEC:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/TheHeritageStraightFitJean~203135_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::OV5&CM_MERC H=canvas-search-_-heritage+straight&origin=search

I'm thinking the 1 year wash might work, but it could still be on the dark side. Maybe even the pewter? The other colors look either too light or too "blue" to mean if that makes any sense.

Why are dark blue jeans not good to wear with a navy blazer? I pair dark jeans with a navy blazer all the time. Looks fine on me.

I'd say you could pair any of those LEC jeans with a navy blazer and they would look just fine. Given that the shirt is lighter in color.

Comment

+1 to ^. I would certainly wear a blazer with dark blue jeans. Its a great look. Just wear contrasting colors. Dont wear black shoes and a dark top. You need to wear lighter colors to offset the monochrome look of blue on blue. Like Albert said, go with a light colored shirt, and i would add some light brown, shoes, or even clean tennis shoes...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
      I>0<I

Comment

Here's an Italian gent's take on it (from my Pinterest)

http://pinterest.com/pin/48493811/

Comment

Peter Bailey -

I think your link actually illustrates my point, though it's a bit different because his blazer is more of a dark blue rather than navy. (True navy always is very dark/almost black, and often looks near identical to indigo washes to me).

Also, if you look at his jeans, I would say they are similar to the 1 year wash I mentioned above, and not the darker shades.

Comment

I don't disagree with you - just had a recent image that I felt contributed to the discussion.

Comment

I only buy dark jeans. I just think they look nicer. Cheap denim fades faster, so I don't see the point in buying jeans that look like they already faded out. They can look fine, but usually they just look like they need to be replaced with a fresh pair to me, so dark is my only option by choice.

Comment

The Italian man pulls off a very very good everyday look. Simple but still stylish (Maybe throw a fun pocket square to give a little dazzle.)

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but can someone tell me what is the problem with light colored denim? Everyone seems to be obsessed with dark denim, and I agree it's a better look most of the time, but I would almost certainly pair a navy blazer with light denim. Everyone else seems to like to opposite. What am I missing?

Comment

I dont really see anything wrong with the light denim, but imo, i wouldnt wear it because its really casual. i would rather pair it with a navy blue cardigan...

"The key to Success is the Quality of Execution"
                    I>0<I

Comment

Agreed with MaxMan. Lighter wash jeans are more casual than dark indigo jeans. Therefore, they paired with other casual garments, such as a cardigan. It can be pulled off with a navy blazer if you're going strictly in a casual environment. Wouldn't work in a business setting at all. At least not mine.

Comment

Ok. Thanks guys! That makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                        X