Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cost/value OCBD at ~$50?

Hi folks,

I'm looking for an OCBD in the $50 range. What's my best cost for value? I'm willing to wait for sale prices (so e.g. assume that a Charles Tyrwhitt OCBD is ~$30).

Thanks!

My experience with other brands is limited, but I have been extremely happy with LL Bean's classic oxfords. Wearing one today actually. At $45 full retail, I think the value is really hard to beat.

Comment

I love my S&M OCBDs. I have the brushed version which people mention runs a little hot but they should have a run of the standard version coming out soon. I have 5 of them and prefer the newer versions which do not have a box pleat in the back but rather a plain back. Also with the new neck and sleeve lengths, they should be right for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JBarwick View Post
        I love my S&M OCBDs. I have the brushed version which people mention runs a little hot but they should have a run of the standard version coming out soon. I have 5 of them and prefer the newer versions which do not have a box pleat in the back but rather a plain back. Also with the new neck and sleeve lengths, they should be right for everyone.
        Second this, great collar roll on these although I agree that they run a little warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Repeating what [MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] and [MENTION=12383]Winters[/MENTION] said. S&M OCBDs are really great and for the price have one of the best collar rolls I have come around.

Comment

I've been pretty happy with the Gap ones, which are often around 30 bucks on sale (or even less). No real frame of reference, because this has kind of become my go to when I need another

Comment

Spier & MacKay are my favorite. I have OCBD's from Luxire, Gap, Charles Tyrwhitt, JcP and S&M.

The S&M are my favorite (beautiful collar roll) followed by Luxire and JcP. I have odd measurements (crazy long arms) so i have a few custom OCBD S&M shirts and really like them. Quality of fabric is stellar

Comment

Spier and Mackay but I agree about not loving the brushed fabric.

Comment

I generally vote for Spier & Mackay, but I didn't buy any of their brushed oxfords since I didn't want the brushed feature. As mentioned above they are coming out with non-brushed versions sometime this year, in which case I'll probably try one.

I do love my mainline BB OCBDs, but those have become expensive. I would suggest trying the BB Red Fleece OCBDs to see if they fit/style works for you. I have 2 and for the price I think they are solid. The collars are probably a bit short for those looking for massive collar roll, but otherwise they are not as skimpy as some might suggest.

Comment

Banana Republic OCBD should be obtainable below $50 during sale, especially their 50% off sale that seems to happen for a couple days every other month or so.

Comment

On the off chance that you have a friend who's taking a trip to Japan you could get them to pick up a Kamakura OCBD for you. They are 5400 Yen, which is about $49 USD.

http://shop.shirt.co.jp/shop/g/gMSK021213781/

Comment

Depending on what you are looking for I have found the JC (and JC Factory) versions to be the softest material. They are a little more casual in structure than some of the others listed above and JC sizing is not very friendly for many. But I wear them often on the weekend, feels like I am wearing a soft sweatshirt.

Comment

Brooks Brothers 4 for 199.

Comment

If you are willing to wait for sale prices, I would check the Ledbury button-down sale prices.

https://www.ledbury.com/collections/...ts/button-down

I have managed to grab some in my size for ~$50 a couple of times. I personally like these better than most other OTR button-down-collar shirts.

Comment

Thanks folks! I pulled the trigger on S&M.

Comment

Working...
                              X