X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AE Higgins Mill boots

Anyone own the Higgins Mill boot by AE? Thoughts? In particular the fit

Got a pair in natural about a year ago and love them! They are the perfect balance between casual and “a little nicer” of a boot. I wear a size 15 in their other shoes, but have a 14 in Higgins mill and it fits great, with plenty of room.

I’d definitely recommend them, and I also like the brown ones as well.

Comment

I've got them in brown and they look really good. Can't wear them with a suit but with casual clothes you look a lot more put together with them on since they exude quality without being stuffy. They do tend to look awkwardly...wide from the view looking down but look good and pretty sleek from the profile view. Felt a little stiff to begin with but after about 10 wears the chromexcel leather has softened up and feels like butter now.

Comment

I've got a pair in brown. Some of the most comfortable boots I've worn, and they are very versatile as far as pairings. I might get a pair in natty as well if I see them for the right price.
        I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

I have in pair in black, in my normal shoe size. Room for a medium weight sock, and they fit well. Versatile to wear, and good quality leather, as others have said. Quite nice looking and the Dainite rubber soles work in snow or rain.

Comment

I own a pair in brown, bought recently on ebay. They are my most favourite pair of AEs at this point (own a black Mcallister, black Fifth ave, walnut Strand). Extremely comfortable and looks well put together in your casual attire. Just as kylestyle mentioned above, they look a bit wider than normal from top view (I thought it was just me). I wear a 9D in all my other AEs and bought the same on this. The shoe itself looks much longer than the 9Ds I own in their 5th last, but fits me perfectly. Initially I thought I should have bought an 8.5, but now I think 9 is the best fit for me.

Comment

I don't own a pair, but I have a friend/coworker that does and I catch myself admiring them whenever he wears them. He says he wasn't really much of a boot guy before getting them, and now they're his favorite pair of shoes. If I was in the market for a new pair of boots (1000 Miles are still treating me well), they'd be near the top of the list for sure.
              Last edited by Deke; January 26, 2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I love mine. I took my normal brannock size (11 B) after spending about an hour in store getting fitted, talking about other sizing issues i’d has with previous shoes. The result is one of the best fitting pair of boots I’ve owned. Tough, good looking and versatile. I would agree with the other poster about wearing them with a suit. Probably gonna be hard to pull off even in a flannel or tweed number.

Comment

In the black color, nicely shined, I've worn mine with dark gray wool dress pants and a herringbone blazer. The combination seemed to work fine. There was snow on the ground so the boots looked very appropriate.

Comment

I am wearing mine today with dark denim trousers and a tweed blazer. As Alex mentioned, until the AE Higgins I never owned a boot. Now I am wondering why.
                    Last edited by TheManJournals; January 26, 2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I own the Higgins Mill in brown. They fit basically true to size IME. I am normally a 7.5D or 8D, I have these in 8D and they work best with thick socks.

I would not wear them with a suit but I wear mine with chinos/odd jacket and, more rarely, flannel trousers/odd jacket and think they look fine.
                      Ben

Comment

Originally posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
                        I own the Higgins Mill in brown. They fit basically true to size IME. I am normally a 7.5D or 8D, I have these in 8D and they work best with thick socks.

I would not wear them with a suit but I wear mine with chinos/odd jacket and, more rarely, flannel trousers/odd jacket and think they look fine.

I've been wearing them the same way. Usually with chinos/jeans with ocbd/sweater and jacket. Occasionally with trousers as well. They can be dressed up or dressed down.

I wasn't a boot guy before these (these were my first pair, also bought a pair of j crew pacer pair at the same time which i love), but I love them and can wear them with almost anything.

Comment

Very nice looking work boots, but I rarely wear as sneakers are just so much easier to throw on. I wear a size 11 in the Oak Street Blucher, 12 in Nike sneakers, and bought these in an 11 and they fit very well. I wish Allen Edmonds new Surrey Chukka boots fit similar to this-websites lists the lasts as being the same but I tried them in an 11 and the heel fits noticeable different(looser). I think it may have to do with unlined outers on the Surrey. Disappointing as they are very attractive chukkas otherwise.

Comment

Are you guys still happy with your Higgins Mill boots? I’m looking for boots I can wear for winter weekends and maybe the occasional snowy day to the office.

Do you wear your Higgins Mill boots in your usual AE size in these or smaller? I like to wear thick wool socks with boots so thinking about getting my same size.

Do they look good and wear well without too much care?

I’m thinking I’d try to find the Chromexcel over the other leather option does that seem right?

I’m disappointed with the flimsy direction of the new AE. Do you think that new AE has messed with the recipe of these at all or would new ones likely be the same as the rave reviews from when these came out?

Comment

I love mine. I will 100% buy another pair when I see a good deal. I wear a 9E in AE dress shoes. That's the size I chose for my Higgins Mill, but I think I would have been fine in a 9D.
                              I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Working...
                              X