Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sized blazer like the Target Merona Kensington?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Sized blazer like the Target Merona Kensington?



    I've been looking for an unstructured, casual, navy blue cotton blazer for a while now and the Target Merona Kenstington is just about perfect for what I'm after. Unfortunately I'm 6'4" and 180 lbs. and while the medium size fits my chest and shoulders well the sleeves are way too short. Can anyone point me in the direction of a similar blazer available in real jacket sizes (40 long specifically)? I'd like to stay under $100 but thats not a requirement. Thanks!


    #2


    This comes in a 40L for $198. Currently 25% off, but you could easily catch a 40% off sale if you watch for it.


    http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=81711&vid=1&pid=454638&scid=4546380 02





    I like how it has a breast pocket, has 2 buttons, no frills, doesn't have a cropped torso, and is 100% cotton.

    Comment


      #3
      Hello!

      Sorry to bump this after 2 years...

      I can t find the Target Merona Kensington, any alternatives?

      Thanks.
      Last edited by dark:_lord; March 14, 2015, 06:37 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...&pid=226753002

        and 40% off during their F&F sale.

        Comment


          #5
          They just came out with this year's unstructured blazers: http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...lot=medium_1_1 unfortunately I can never wear these because I am 6'3" but they seem like a great deal.

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks to both of you

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by dark:_lord View Post
              Thanks to both of you
              Also, Bonobos has some nice looking chino blazers are a little more pricey.

              Comment


                #8
                JCP had a Stafford blazer almost identical as the Merona as well. I bought both, but I dont know if the JCP Stafford is available either.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by dark:_lord View Post
                  Hello!

                  Sorry to bump this after 2 years...

                  I can t find the Target Merona Kensington, anz alternatives?

                  Thanks.
                  ~what size are you looking for?

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Gap factory has some cheapo chino blazers (~$40 on sale) out currently if you have one nearby. I remember seeing navy, khaki, blue-grey, chambray, and engineer stripe varieties. They fit a little boxy in the chest, are slightly chopped, and I think some had functional cuff buttons. Uniqlo's are $50 so check there too.
                    Last edited by Rocco; March 14, 2015, 08:54 PM.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Moelman View Post
                      They just came out with this year's unstructured blazers: http://www.target.com/p/merona-men-s...lot=medium_1_1 unfortunately I can never wear these because I am 6'3" but they seem like a great deal.
                      I'm almost 6'4" (200ish lbs... 42L x 34) and this blazer fits me pretty damn well. I ordered one in the grey and one in the olive green. They both fit me well in the shoulders, have a nice body length, and are fairly trim OTR. However, while the grey blazer has a nice sleeve length, revealing about 1/4" to 1/2" of shirt sleeve, the green blazer's sleeves reveal about 1" of shirt sleeve... (I will be returning this one) I'm not sure which length is the proposed measurement of the size L, and which one is a quality control issue. I really like the color of the green blazer though, and may order another L as well as an XL to see the differences.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        So I stopped in at Target this afternoon, and they had a chino blazer in navy with patch pockets. I believe this one is different from the Kensington, as I have never seen them in stores, in navy, and they don't have the patch pockets. The only downside is it had working sleeve buttons, but for $40, I didn't care.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Tommy Boyle View Post
                          I'm almost 6'4" (200ish lbs... 42L x 34) and this blazer fits me pretty damn well. I ordered one in the grey and one in the olive green. They both fit me well in the shoulders, have a nice body length, and are fairly trim OTR. However, while the grey blazer has a nice sleeve length, revealing about 1/4" to 1/2" of shirt sleeve, the green blazer's sleeves reveal about 1" of shirt sleeve... (I will be returning this one) I'm not sure which length is the proposed measurement of the size L, and which one is a quality control issue. I really like the color of the green blazer though, and may order another L as well as an XL to see the differences.
                          Awesome, thanks for the tip. I always assume the use of M, L, XL sizes means they won't be long enough, but 42L x 34 are also my sizes. Wish it was sold in the store to try on, but maybe I will give the grey one a try. If you don't mind, post an update of how the XL fits as I'd be interested which is a better fit.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X