cheap suit stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cheap suit stores?

Here in LA we have places like 3 day suit broker and Hollywood Suit Supply that have crazy suit deals. I just saw a commercial for one where you get something like 3 suits for 300 dollars along with socks, belts, and a host of other things.

Do any of you have any experience with places like these? Any chance you could actually find something good and then have it tailored so it looks good? I'm not really looking to get a suit, but I see the commercials all the time and it got me curious.

Based how you worded your statement, I am assuming that this is your first suit. For your first suit, I feel like its better to go with a more established, and relatively inexpensive brand (Bar III from Macy's, Tommy, Calvin Klein etc) and have it tailored. Part of building a good collection of suits is understanding what is the best fit and style for your body type.

I have bought cheap suit from a thift store and had it tailored to fit me well, but that was my 5th suit. By that time I had an understanding of what fit me well, what could be altered and what couldn't.

So avoid those places for right now. I'm sure you could find a few hidden gems, but you need to know what you are looking for.

Comment

Those places you're lucky to find a suit with any wool in them. They are all polyester and other synthetic fibers and are really terrible quality.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Working...
      X