Resort Chic Dress Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Resort Chic Dress Code

I'll be vacationing at a resort this spring and the dress code for dining calls for Resort Chic. Any recommendations how to navigate?

I like wearing nice clothing but don't want to over or under dress. I have a fair share of linen but less sure about pants and footwear.

I guess it would depend on the location/weather. Resort chic to me means smart casual and clean. Google says: https://www.leaf.tv/articles/what-is-resort-chic-wear/

Comment

Florida (Palm Beach) in March. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Long-sleeve linen shirt, trousers or chinos, braided belt, loafers or leather sandals, straw fedora/trilby, shades.

Comment

This "resort chic" restaurant dress code exists because it is hot and humid to the point that you will want to wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops everywhere you go. Instead, you should wear a shirt with buttons, full-length pants, and closed-toe shoes inside these restaurants. It's not a real look... you don't have to dress like a stereotypical tourist.

Comment

Originally posted by julius12 View Post
            Long-sleeve linen shirt, trousers or chinos, braided belt, loafers or leather sandals, straw fedora/trilby, shades.
            This is what I was going to say - light, airy fabrics that will dry quickly if they get wet or sweaty. Make sure you bring some closed toe shoes as well. My wife and I try to go to resorts a few times a year to clear our heads and we find that we both love the opportunity to wear patterns and prints that would be too garish for our regular lives.

Comment

$400 flip flops ;-)

Comment

Linen or light chinos, a shirt with buttons, loafers or drivers instead of flip flops and you are way ahead of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
                  This "resort chic" restaurant dress code exists because it is hot and humid to the point that you will want to wear a t-shirt, shorts, and flip-flops everywhere you go. Instead, you should wear a shirt with buttons, full-length pants, and closed-toe shoes inside these restaurants. It's not a real look... you don't have to dress like a stereotypical tourist.
                  [MENTION=17373]2s2i2b2[/MENTION] this from [MENTION=14805]ianr[/MENTION] is right on the money. I spend a lot of time in south Florida for work, including over two months in Palm Beach this past year. The dress code is simply to make sure you aren't wearing t-shirts, shorts, and flip flops for dinner. Any button up, slacks/chinos, and loafers will be fine. Dark, nice jeans are fine in the evening. I will occasionally throw on a lightweight blazer for something like Flagler Steakhouse or HMF if it's not overbearingly hot. During the sweltering summer, I will sometimes wear a polo shirt. They don't expect you in a suit and tie, but they do expect you to save the tees, shorts, and flip-flops for the beach.

Comment

Thanks all, this has been very helpful.

Comment

Ditto what others have said. Some of the most fun places to dress for are these resorts. You can have some fun with patterns, fabrics, colors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

A note, it could be stricter at night. So if a polo is okay for lunch, for dinner you might need a proper shirt.

Comment

Working...
                        X