Shoe tieing help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shoe tieing help

Yes I feel like a little kid again asking how to tie a shoe. But more specifically when wearing dress shoes with my suit I find the regular bow causes the pant leg to get hung up on the bow and not to just simply drape on to the shoe. I feel like I'm missing something since a see all the time pictures of shoes and dress pants with no bow?

the ultimate shoelace tying site:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

Comment

I love that lacing site! I use different lacing patterns on different shoes (e.g., military lacing on my Timberland side zip boots, Roman numeral lacing on my AE Fifth Avenues) and always love when people notice that "extra 10%," something unique.

You can also find on that site Ian's preferred method for tying shoes, which doesn't take too long to habituate and works well.

Comment

Get good high-wax laces (like Allen Edmonds, for example) and that way once you tie a single bow good and tight it will stay all day without slipping and eliminates the need for a double knot with it's tendency to leave one loop sticking up all wonky. As well, with waxed laces, you can smooth them down the sides of the shoes and they hardly stand off the shoe at all so your pants break perfectly!

Comment

Working...
        X