Summer Suit to Casual wedding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer Suit to Casual wedding

I am looking for opinions on wearing a casual suit to a laid back summer wedding. I bought the LL bean traditional twill suit in Khaki Seen here http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/65145?feat=505931-GN3 this past winter. I have not had the chance to wear it yet and planned on wearing it to the wedding of two of my good friends. The wedding is going to be a casual out door wedding on the brides fathers farm. I found out that the groomsmen are just wearing shirts and ties but no suit along with the groom just wearing a vest. Do you think it would be overboard to wear this suit even though its pretty casual? Originally I thought the suit was too casual for a wedding but now Im worried it could be overboard I was considering going tieless with brown shoes to dress it down a bit. Your opinions are appreciated.

You'll be fine. The wedding itself doesn't last that long and most people shed their coats during the reception anyway for eating/dancing.

Comment

Should be fine. Might want to go tieless to tone it down a bit, but just having a suit doesn't seem like overdoing it to me.

Comment

Definitely go tieless. If it were me, I'd pair it with navy chinos/trousers and brown shoes...probably wingtips. That'll make for a killer outfit.

Comment

Shirts and ties with no jacket? The groomsmen are going to look like Mormon missionaries, though of course for all I know they are Mormon and that's the look they're going for. That suit should be fine, and you don't even necessarily have to go tieless as long as you keep it casual, but if you do wear a tie and at some point decide to shed the jacket, at least unbutton the collar and roll up your sleeves.

Comment

The jacketless tie? They're going to regret that decision when they see the photos...

Comment

Yea I dont get it myself. The couple are hippies so all the groomsmen are stuck wearing tie die ties. Thats why I am worried about overdoing it haha.

Comment

Working...
              X