Dress Pants for Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dress Pants for Winter

Hi all - I searched through the forums but couldn't find anything specifically.

Often take long trips to get to work sites so I need comfortable and cozy pants for freezing days (like today in NYC, yikes). Business casual so no need for a suit - just dress pants/slacks that look nice and are warm warm warm! Budget-friendly is even better (<100).

Thanks!

Originally posted by snoopyalfrizzo View Post
    Often take long trips to get to work sites so I need comfortable and cozy pants for freezing days (like today in NYC, yikes). Business casual so no need for a suit - just dress pants/slacks that look nice and are warm warm warm! Budget-friendly is even better (<100).
    Consider long underwear (I wear Uniglo heattech) and wear them under the pants you have. Works great.

Comment

Originally posted by JT10000 View Post
      Consider long underwear (I wear Uniglo heattech) and wear them under the pants you have. Works great.
      Unbelievably enough I do wear that and am still cold! I'm from LA. What a baby. Anyway, maybe the Uniqlo ones are better than what I've got?

Comment

Flannel lined chinos, jeans and cords are awesome. Very warm. You can get them at J Crew or Bonobos. I think Lands End might carry them too.

Comment

Flannel trousers, cords, moleskin, jeans

Comment

Originally posted by snoopyalfrizzo View Post
            Unbelievably enough I do wear that and am still cold! I'm from LA. What a baby. Anyway, maybe the Uniqlo ones are better than what I've got?
            Hmmm. The Uniqlo ones I wear are pretty thin. They are very warm for their weight, though they make a warmer and slightly thicker model. But maybe that's not enough for you.

Probably lined pants are what you need, perhaps with long underwear too. Worth noting that the body is a system, so wearing more up top (especially around your neck and wrists) might also help.

Comment

What pants do you wear now?

Comment

Flannel wool dress pants are a godsend on bitter cold days at the office. Here are few suggestions:

Spier & Mackay - On sale for $79 right now. These are probably the best value to quality option.
                https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/.../trousers.html

JCrew Factory - These are suit pants but can easily be worn as a separate. Only $37.5 with today's promo but they're final sale so a gamble.
                https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...sFromSale=true

Express - Their quality is hit or miss but the product description says they're wool and makes no mention of synthetic materials like a lot of their other stuff. Could be a decent option. Plus there's an Express in every mall so returns and exchange are easy if you have one close by. On sale for $75 today.
                https://factory.jcrew.com/p/mens-clo...sFromSale=true

Lands End - Right now their options aren't stellar (IMHO) but if you don't mind patterns these get good reviews. Available in tailored and traditional fits. $65 with today's 40% off promo.
                https://www.landsend.com/products/me...74?sku_0=::JGH

Comment

Just an alternative thought but if you keep your core warm (heart) it will keep your ligaments warmer without having to go to extremes. Have you tried layering more up top or improved under shirts sweaters etc?

Comment

These are all super helpful replies, thanks all!

I wear Champion long johns that are wool/cotton/nylon blend. Outer pants are wool suit pants. I have definitely layered up on top, wearing an undershirt, dress shirt, sweater, and then winter coat.

Geo your list was great! Almost none of them were my size though, but Lands End did have one and there was a 50% off promo I used (ORNAMENT) to get them down to $54.50 plus shipping, so those were the ones.

Thanks all - and also next I will check out Uniqlo's long johns to see if they're better!

Comment

My office is business casual and I live in Minnesota, so it gets cold. I used to wear wool pants and those did a pretty decent job, but I've switched over to medium weight chinos and they seem to block the cold a little better. Plus they are easier to dress down on the weekends. But I drive so I'm not outside too much. I keep a winter coat, hat, and mittens in the car just in case.

If I were to commute I'd do a 3/4 length wool jacket, warm hat, scarf, and lined leather gloves.

I do keep a thick zip-up sweater jacket in the office when the temp drops. Every guy has either a zip-up or vest and the ladies actually keep blankets or shawls at their desks when its cold.

Comment

My Husband wear Edwards Straight fit men’s classic dress pant pure Polyester.

Comment

Yeah I just wear Uniqlo Heat Tech under mine for cold days. They come in regular and extra warm I believe. The extra warm is almost too warm once your indoors.

Comment

Dude, throw those long johns out. Anything with cotton will hold moisture, and make you feel colder. Want 100% wool (merino best) or polyester (can start to smell). Check out LLbean/Cabelas/REI - their websites usually have different weights and styles. Also pick up some merino socks - even thin ones will help.

Comment

Wearing my flannel-lined Lands End Knockabout chinos today. I can relate to not being able to keep warm! I also bought some 5-pocket moleskin pants from Lands End. They're only casual Friday appropriate because they're cut like jeans, but from what I've heard about the windblocking properties, I'm hoping these to be my new dog walking pants.

Comment

Working...
                              X