Blazer sizing *pics*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blazer sizing *pics*

I was just wondering if this blazer look like it fits well? would tailoring be necessary? If so how much would it cost?

https://plus.google.com/photos/10917...86638974431553

Shoulders and sleeves look good. I couldn't say about everything else.

Comment

Shoulders and chest appear to fit quite well. Have to see it from the back to determine 100%. There is somewhat of a funny drape going on around the button. Not sure why. Are the vents cut?

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Looks to be okay from that angle. However, those are some TIGHT pants. Kudos to you for pulling that off.

Comment

lol . . . thanks for the compliment. I like my jeans fitted like that but I feel the majority of dappered would be against it.

retook pictures of front and took pics of side and back hopefully it'll be easier to critique on the fit

https://plus.google.com/photos/109178300033924849841/albums/5742502209276045025

Personally with the style I'm going for . . . I don't think sleeve shortening would a necessary alteration as I will rarely be wearing dress shirts.

Comment

I don't think those pants qualify under "fitted" but the next category after that: "painted". But I digress--you're not asking for critique on your pants

It's a little dark on the profile shot, but do you have a large chest? Or are you just standing at attention with your chest pronounced? And do you normally stand like that?

Comment

Something about the fabric pulling at the button - you may need it let out in the sides so it isn't doing that.

Comment

I don't have a large chest as I'm only 162 lbs at 6 foot tall but I tend to always stand with posture like that even when I'm just wearing a v neck by itself as I don't like to slouch.

Comment

That sounds exhausting. It looks like you just took a very deep breath.

Comment

That jacket is very short, even by today's shorter length standards. I'd find something about 2" longer at least.

Comment

Zerostyle, THANK YOU.

wkwon, the shoulders are okay, the sides could use some work -- maybe an inch let out to improve the drape. The jacket is way, way too short for you. It's around the length of a woman's jacket. You need a longer jacket.

Comment

I don't know if it's too short by any means. Don't go by the "curling fingers" test here, because it's close to covering his crotch and it clearly covers his ass. Any longer and it will look like a dress on him, especially if he's going to pair it with those nuthuggers.

It doesn't drape especially well, but I don't think that "too short" is one of its flaws.

Comment

Chareth, it barely covers his behind. Look at where the suit comes in: that should be at his waist. The tuck is currently somewhere over his ribs.

Comment

That jacket is just poorly designed. Just because the button-stance is too high doesn't mean it's too short on him, especially given the tight pants he wears.

Given the rest of his style, he *should* be wearing shorter jackets.

Comment

I hadn't looked at these on my computer yet. The jacket is short, though I agree with Chareth, it's not craazy short. I think the effect is exacerbated by a high button stance and the jacket coming in near the ribs rather than the waist.

I'm guessing that is what is causing the weird drape by the button and causing the vent to flare.

I think this one might need to be returned if possible, wkwon. Your posture causes the jacket to sit strangely on your body as well, could cause some of the vent flaring. I forget what that is called, but something to the effect of front-back balance.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Working...
                              X