No announcement yet.

Under 12 oz (non Gustin) denim?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out Gap's Roll n' Go denim. The name is gimmicky - but its 8.26oz denim [93% Cotton, 5% Polyester, 2% Polyurethane]. While I don't own it, a coworker of mine swears by it during the summer. And it's almost always included in their 40% off codes. Not bad

Comment

An out of the box suggestion: Chinos. They will pretty much be always cooler as jeans.

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
        they do but i've never seen bonobos denim in store, only chinos/dress pants. a quick look online and I still can't find jeans on the nordstrom website.

Originally posted by PREID View Post
        Check out Gap's Roll n' Go denim. The name is gimmicky - but its 8.26oz denim [93% Cotton, 5% Polyester, 2% Polyurethane]. While I don't own it, a coworker of mine swears by it during the summer. And it's almost always included in their 40% off codes. Not bad
        Oh gap right! I forgot about them. I'll give then a try before testing bonobos.

And yes, I have plenty of chinos. I'm good on non denim light weight pants, which is my current search is so specific.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PREID View Post
          I haven't tried those, but I've always had good luck with gap jeans.

Comment

I got these 10 oz. Japanese sea green jeans from Gustin and they are my favorite, most comfortable pair of jeans. Day one they were wearable right out of the box.

https://www.weargustin.com/store/5376

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sorry, can any moderators put "non-gustin" in the thread's title? I'm not seeing a way for me to edit it myself on this forum.

Thanks carlitos but the front pockets of gustin pants are too tight for my hands and keys, even on their loosest type of fit.

I'd still like to hear about people's experiences with other brands as well!

Comment

I don’t have any actual advice, but you could try /r/rawdenim

Comment

Under 12 oz (non Gustin) denim?

Sorry - I read the third page first and didn’t want to delete my post.

You must have big manly hands, lol.

Comment

[MENTION=14744]Dun[/MENTION], Bonobos Summer Weight Jettsetter are my go-to lightweight jeans. I wore them the entire summer once I found them.

https://bonobos.com/products/summer-...jetsetter-pant

The denim on these is super light (not sure how many ounces; I’m sure their customer service would answer). They aren’t a traditional looking/feeling denim, though I’m not sure if any ultra light denim will look/feel like a true denim. The material almost feels like a paper thin stretch chino.

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
                      [MENTION=14744]Dun[/MENTION], Bonobos Summer Weight Jettsetter are my go-to lightweight jeans. I wore them the entire summer once I found them.

https://bonobos.com/products/summer-...jetsetter-pant

The denim on these is super light (not sure how many ounces; I’m sure their customer service would answer). They aren’t a traditional looking/feeling denim, though I’m not sure if any ultra light denim will look/feel like a true denim. The material almost feels like a paper thin stretch chino.
                      how stretchy would you describe them as?

Comment

Moderate? They don’t feel like spandex pants or anything but they definitely have some stretch. Maybe on par with Old Navy’s “built in flex ultimate” chinos.

Comment

DSTLD sometimes has summer or light weight denim options, but probably not this time of year unless they have some leftovers from spring-summer.
                          “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Comment

Hadn't seen DSTLD before, thanks.

I think I don't care for the blue of bonobos summer weight jetsetters, but maybe Ill give the black a try.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X