Shirt jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shirt jackets

Any thoughts on this wool shirt jacket, or the concept in general? I love the colors, but I'm not sure if it's too loud to actually wear. It's a bit lumberjack-y, but could be a great alternative to a jacket in the fall.

I've also been thinking about shackets since I saw something on them lately. I'd love to get one but they don't seem to be widely available.

I could definitely see the one you linked to working if it's in line with your personal style.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

I would totally wear a shacket, but not the one you linked. The colors are a bit wild for an outerwear piece, IMHO. For me, that would maybe work under a vest or something.

Comment

I'd consider it, as it tends to cool down quite a bit at night here. However, it might only work above a t-shirt or henley, as a double collar can look kind of douchey.

Comment

Look for vintage wool Pendleton or woolrich on eBay. Great products made in the US with high quality wool. Can be scratchy but it's an outer layer and they are warm as hell. I got 2 for about $35 shipped if I remember correctly.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

And if you're wearing it like a jacket, then I disagree on the double collar point. Any jacket, blazer, shawl collar, etc creates a double collar. As long as neither are popped haha.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I've been meaning to try a shirt jacket for a while, though personally I'm not a big fan of that Bonobos one. I found this (http://us.dockers.com/product/index....entPage=search) from Dockers and am intrigued but still not quite sure about it - any thoughts?

Comment

@hdm, that looks pretty nice. I personally would have skipped the shoulder patch, but it looks like a nice material from the picture.

Comment

@hdm I like that Dockers one, even though it's a bit plain. Not sure I like the side pockets but for the price it could be a nice layering piece. I'm leaning away from the Bonobos one myself, I'm not sure if I like the colors/pattern on the shirt, or I just like them in general. I think ultimately I wouldn't wear it enough, not to mention it won't be in season for several months, so I'll save my remaining store credit

Comment

Working...
                  X