Lands End dress shirt fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lands End dress shirt fit

I like the colors/patterns and pricing of Lands End shirts, but have realized they're kind of bulky. How is their tailored fit? I'm 160 pounds and 5'11".

The tailored fit 15.5/33 runs pretty baggy on me. I'd compare it to a BB "slim" (not extra-slim) or baggier.

If you don't ever plan to wear a tie with it, you could just size down to 15/33 and leave the collar open, though.

Comment

I thought the chest and waist were decently slim. Maybe a little slimmer than BB slim fit. The arms were really baggy, and ended up being the deal-breaker for me.

Comment

The wonderful thing about Lands End shirts is that, should you be able to be stranded in the deep wilderness, you can pitch your shirt as a rather serviceable tent.

Comment

Haha - that sleeps 2-4!

Traditional - big belly

Tailored - bit of a belly

Comment

Gah, I must be getting fat!

I find them to be a tad tight around the chest and shoulders compared to similarly sized Brooks Brothers slim fit.

I'm 5'9", lift weights but don't do cardio (so there's that), and weigh 185. I think you'll be fine in a slim fit. Plus, to my knowledge you can still return the shirts to Sears, though I believe they're in the process of divesting Land's End.

Comment

JT10000 I think we'd need your measurements to give a meaningful answer. Or stop by a Sears if convenient (and they have LE in store).

I'm 5'10", 170 lbs, 32W, 42 shoulder, 15.5x33 dress shirt. LE Canvas shirts fit best and have a good taper for me; LE Tailored Fit shirts are less tapered, and I don't like wearing them without a sweater/blazer on top.

Comment

At least around me, none of the sears carry the tailored fit stuff - only the regular line.

Comment

I personally am not a big fan of the LE shirt fit. LEC is more tailored but equally weird. I only have a couple LEC shirts for casual wear when I roll up the sleeves.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Thx all

Comment

Working...
                    X