Best time for suede shoes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best time for suede shoes?

As an avid reader of Dappered, I've become intrigued with getting a pair of suede oxfords in a light color and one in a brown color, such as the AE Players or the Neumok in suede. What season and what outfits do these shoes go best with? Are these a good alternative to not wearing sneakers all the time in the summer or are they too dressed up for jeans?

This time of year (spring/summer) is traditionally best I believe, but if you get a darker suede they can be 3-4 season depending on where you live (according to some people). I think they tend to go well with more casual outfits, chinos, jeans, etc. But I'm no expert on this!

Comment

Suede is really for 3 seasons (not winter), IMO. I am wearing my players with dress pants, dress shirt, tie, and a sweater today (I'll post on WIWT this weekend). They are a bit dressier than my Johnston & Murphy Brennans. Either way, I think they can be easily dressed up in more casual environments and dressed down. I will wear them with jeans and even sockless with shorts in the summer. A nice suede shoe is a great addition to a shoe lineup as its fairly versatile.

The neumoks are more casual than the players but both would be versatile, for sure.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

I'm wearing my grey suede Air Coltons with dark wash Levi 514's right now.

Comment

Working...
        X