Good Fashion Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Fashion Books

I know, I've heard a lot of mixed things about mens fashion books, but I was wondering if you had read any good ones. Honestly, I just pay attention to a TON of blogs, forums, and try to learn that way. I'd like to learn more about fabrics, materials, tailoring, etc., but I just haven't found any good sources for that.

So, are there any good mens fashion books that you would reccomend?

PS: I just order the The Gentry Man off Amazon after seeing a review of it on some blog.

The details style guide is basic but was my first. I love it. Pictures are great, outfits are simple and classic. Its not that technical in fabrics tailoring etc though

Comment

Esquire's The Handbook of Style.

Comment

Dressing the Man: Mastering the Art of Permanent Fashion is considered a (or the) classic of the genre. I checked it out from my local library. It's nice, and the fashion advice appears to be sensible, but it's almost entire concerned with the world of suits and related items. One chapter on business casual had a few things worth considering.

I'd say try your library, but don't necessarily buy it.

Comment

I second the Details Style Guide. It was also my first, and I believe a good book showing the basics along with great examples and pictures.

Comment

Working...
          X