When you wear a cardigan people say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nikbrown View Post
    Actually just got a new chunky cardigan. Digging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very nice Cardigan and shirt
    Eat what is good for your health but
    Wear what is good for your and others eyes

Comment

They had this fun one at Target:

And here's the one I'm wearing today (I've got a dozen shawl cardigans, I'll try to wear each of them throughout the coming days). One of my favorite "cardigans," Polo quilted terry Brownston shawl cardigan/jacket.

Last edited by Nandyn; November 1, 2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by julius12 View Post
        Last 2 posts look pretty good and not old-manish at all due to the decent builds and flat stomachs. Not sure about pairing a black jacket with navy jeans though, just a personal rule.
        Yea I need to get a brown leather coat as well.... but actually I never wear black jeans with a black leather coat... too punk rock or biker for me [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
          After searching far and wide for a good 100% wool shawl cardigan in navy and gray, I finally found these new arrivals from charles tyrwhitt:

http://www.ctshirts.com/us/navy-rib-...NC0056NAV.html

Managed to combine the bundle price with the promo code "HALLO" to knock it down to $79 each, a great price for 100% wool and I trust CT's quality. Will post an update once they arrive.
          Just wanted to update that these run large. I needed an XS which is sold out, so sadly I will be returning these. If anyone can suggest a simple basic navy 100% wool cardigan, I'd love to listen. Something like this would be perfect: https://www.everlane.com/products/me...-cardigan-navy

Luckily, my BR 100% cashmere light grey one from ebay is great and I still have my navy cotton j crew one.

Comment

This one is a steal for 100% cashmere at $150...but I can't get over how the shawl ends so early instead of coming further down the chest.

https://www.bloomingdales.com/shop/p...goryID=1006184

Comment

Originally posted by Scofield View Post
              Just wanted to update that these run large. I needed an XS which is sold out, so sadly I will be returning these. If anyone can suggest a simple basic navy 100% wool cardigan, I'd love to listen. Something like this would be perfect: https://www.everlane.com/products/me...-cardigan-navy

Luckily, my BR 100% cashmere light grey one from ebay is great and I still have my navy cotton j crew one.
              Can you give any more details on the sizing. I'm a 39" chest. If it runs large, hopefully the small will fit me.
              Last edited by Becon; November 11, 2017, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Becon View Post
                Can you give any more details on the sizing. I'm a 39" chest. If it runs large, hopefully the small will fit me.
                it's already shipped back out, but imo it runs about 1 size large. if you're 39" and normally a medium, i think the small will fit you. I'm 36" and the small felt like I normally do in a medium. Knit is not the most luxurious but not scratchy either.

Comment

I've been going cardigan ca-razy as we crash into New England winter.

I have to wear a tie at my day job (which is otherwise casual - knit ties, corduroys, and dress boots are very normal). I find cardigans are easy to wear with ties - I think they mimic the "V" that a buttoned blazer would provide.

They also go great with a henley or long-sleeve tee, like the fashionbeans article [MENTION=14167]julius12[/MENTION] posted.

Wearing cardigans with a collared button-up shirt never looks good for me - that seems to be the "Mr. Rogers" trigger (interestingly, in that Fashionbeans article, only two of the models have a button-up collared shirt with no tie...)
                  Last edited by skylark; December 15, 2017, 06:41 PM. Reason: an unclosed parentheses is like a one-sided hug...

Comment

Actually just got a new chunky cardigan. Digging it.

What's the Jacket? I like that it is a little simpler than the typical biker jacket.

Also, nice choice on the oxblood docs

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                      They had this fun one at Target:

And here's the one I'm wearing today (I've got a dozen shawl cardigans, I'll try to wear each of them throughout the coming days). One of my favorite "cardigans," Polo quilted terry Brownston shawl cardigan/jacket.

I almost bought that one at target. Still might actually.

Comment

Originally posted by bassopotamus View Post
                        What's the Jacket? I like that it is a little simpler than the typical biker jacket.

Also, nice choice on the oxblood docs
                        Thanks. Jacket is a random vintage eBay pickup. Just look for “cafe racer” jackets and you’ll find lots of examples... picked up a maroon one too

Comment

Thanks. Jacket is a random vintage eBay pickup. Just look for “cafe racer” jackets and you’ll find lots of examples... picked up a maroon one too

Any brand recommendations beyond Schott? When I do the basic search, it mostly turns up new items of questionable origin

Comment

Originally posted by bassopotamus View Post
                            Any brand recommendations beyond Schott? When I do the basic search, it mostly turns up new items of questionable origin
                            Schott of course.... I also like the pieces from Roland Sands....... both brands usually go for around $200-500 used is the only problem.....

I've picked both of mine up for less than $100 each... but i've just watched and bought what looked decent quality, if from an unknown brand.

Comment

Schott of course.... I also like the pieces from Roland Sands....... both brands usually go for around $200-500 used is the only problem.....

I've picked both of mine up for less than $100 each... but i've just watched and bought what looked decent quality, if from an unknown brand.
                              Thanks. I'll keep digging. I did find a Brooks that seems pretty close to what I'm wanting. I have the added problem with vintage that I have about a 49 inch chest and I guess people were skinnier then

Comment

When you wear a cardigan people say...

I have bought three bespoke leather jackets from LeatherCult. http://www.leathercult.com

Very impressed with all three. I would never buy a leather jacket from elsewhere now.

I have no personal investment on this company. Just a happy customer. [emoji4]

Comment

Working...
                                X