No announcement yet.

When you wear a cardigan people say...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of my cardigans are shawl collar... I've got like, 12 of them? And 7 shawl sweaters. They have a very masculine look, especially with the way they accentuate the traps.

Here's what I'm wearing today:

Last edited by Nandyn; October 27, 2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pesape View Post
      Big fan of the first one. Any idea what brand.
      It's by Prada. Craig has been seen wearing it for several years, and even wore it for an Esquire UK photoshoot back in 2011.

http://www.iconicalternatives.com/20...-esquire-2011/

I've found some budget-friendly alternatives at the Gap.

Comment

I'm 32 and wear them all the time. My friends ride me, all others compliment me. It is what it is.
        Originally posted by Doug Chalkey View Post
        To me that I look like Me Rogers, an American treasure no doubt, or someone's grandpa. At 37, I'm neither.

Do people compliment them or ride you a little?

Full disclosure:
        I give out a fair amount of good natured ribbing. I also happen to work in a school that is less casual than a Walmart.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Loafer28 View Post

If this makes me look old man, than I am okay with it. 39 with three kids, I am closing in on old man anyway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          I disagree. I think the texture makes it lean modern, almost outdoorsy.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

I also am in a school where many of the teachers wear jeans, flip flops, and sometimes even t-shirts...so, very casual. I've found that the chunkier shawl cardigans work better for me than the thinner/more traditional kind. I'm 27 and look pretty young, though (like, I have students who look older than me and I teach 9th grade), so I'm not necessarily opposed to an older vibe in my clothes. Students haven't given me too much grief just yet, but that may be because of the shawl style, and sometimes I'll wear it unbuttoned as I'm bouncing around the room.

Comment

I break out my navy ribbed J' Crew shawl cardigan all the time. Love that damn thing. Heavy as f and warm.

Comment

The thin cardigans are hard to pull off. It's a perfect garment in places where it has mild winters. I usually wear mine with jacket vest on top, a t-shirt or a fitted long sleeve Henley underneath, Chelsea boots and jeans/chinos.

Comment

I'm 50 and have been rocking cardigans for as long as I can remember. I particularly like heavy shawl collar cardigans. As someone already pointed out, it helps if you are in shape and also to select a cardigan that fits properly. If you have the physique of a sedentary cube serf, then wearing a cardigan may not get the response you are looking for.

Comment

After searching far and wide for a good 100% wool shawl cardigan in navy and gray, I finally found these new arrivals from charles tyrwhitt:

http://www.ctshirts.com/us/navy-rib-...NC0056NAV.html

Managed to combine the bundle price with the promo code "HALLO" to knock it down to $79 each, a great price for 100% wool and I trust CT's quality. Will post an update once they arrive.

Comment

Proudly rocking a brown wool BB cardigan.

Great for autumn.

Comment

Actually just got a new chunky cardigan. Digging it.

Comment

Last 2 posts look pretty good and not old-manish at all due to the decent builds and flat stomachs. Not sure about pairing a black jacket with navy jeans though, just a personal rule.

Comment

Just got this from eBay:

Gap lambswool zip/toggle cardigan. Nice and thick and warm enough for a 35┬░ morning with just a sweater under.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                              Just got this from eBay:

Gap lambswool zip/toggle cardigan. Nice and thick and warm enough for a 35┬░ morning with just a sweater under.
                              I really like that and with the way GA weather is I like removable layers. Need to find one now, thanks

Comment

I'm in GA too, and I've gotten compliments every time I've worn my navy shawl collar this year. Got it from Old Navy for less than $20 and its awesome. I'm planning to get another in grey or cream color. Maybe Polo this time, there are lots on Ebay. For me, I think the shawl collar looks good and is just a tad uncommon enough to be interesting without being distracting.
                                I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Working...
                                X