Dappered Eye-Team Assemble!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dappered Eye-Team Assemble!

Okay guys, I'm attending the bachelor party of a good friend in Atlantic City soon. And I'm not sure what would be good attire. Should I go full on suit? dial it back a bit? For most guys in the group "dressing up" entails baggy chinos and an ill-fitting button up/Polo.

Help dress me!

Dress for style, live for results.

<blockquote>

For most guys in the group "dressing up" entails baggy chinos and an ill-fitting button up/Polo.</blockquote>

There will lie some balance between dressing appropriate for the environment (I don't know what it's like in Atlantic City) and not overdressing compared to the company you're with.

Find out what the other guys will be wearing and do some upgrades in those areas. But most importantly, focus on the fit of your clothes. Fit is king. Fit. Fit. Fit. (I feel funny saying that after posting my numerous pictures of ill-fitting suits, haha).

Instead of a button-up (I picture black clubbing button front shirts) or polos, wear a slim fit dress shirt. Instead of baggy chinos, wear dark slim slacks or dark chinos. Instead of squared toed cheap leather shoes, wear some nice shoes. Other little things that I won't assume: be clean shaven, get a haircut, wear a watch. Maybe thrown on a blazer with a pocket square. We're getting into that "almost like a suit" territory here...

But if they're wearing baggy chinos and button-ups or polos, going full on suit is at least two steps ahead. On the one hand, maybe that's appropriate attire for where you're going, I don't know. On the other hand, your friends might perceive you to be the douchebag that is trying to look way better than them.

There's a fine line in that. I couldn't tell you that I know how to tread that line yet, because I'm currently in a stage where I'm going to dress up by golly, and if everyone else around me wants to look like trash, that's their problem

Comment

I was just at a bachelor party in AC. A suit is overkill. I was wearing jeans, button down and a blazer and wouldn't go much dressier than that. There were a couple of groups of guys who were all wearing suits and they looked terribly out of place. Even at night most of the people will be wearing at best a Jersey jersey consisting of a graphic tee or A&F fake distressed shirt or, worst of all, the A&F fake distressed graphic tee.

Comment

AC is the land of the underdressed, even moreso than Vegas. You'll likely look out of place in something decent regardless, unless possibly going to Borgata or Revel (I think it's open now?). Any buttondown and chinos/dark jeans with moderately nice / appropriate shoes will be plenty.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I think Saturday night I'll go for well fitting dark chinos, blazer, button down with my strands.

Friday a little more casual.

I fully expect one of the guys to wear a hoody (not going with Zuckerberg)

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Working...
          X