Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assilabdulrahim
    replied
    The same thing happened to me... The claim was NOT in my favor though.
    Stay away from that scammer

Leave a comment:

• assilabdulrahim
    replied
    This is a scam.
    They steal you and no one is able to stop them.
    Stay away!

Leave a comment:

• Dappforreal
    replied
    Just like the previous poster, I registered just to chime in on this topic: Place is a scam and then some.

Here’s a key indicator for you: Their return policy states that items on sale are non refundable, but basically every item is “on sale”. Additionally, the policy is only good for 30 days after purchase, yet they openly say shipping times are 3-5 weeks (mine was just over 5, so when it arrived, I was already over the 30 days).

Item quality was not great, but really, more than anything, they didn’t respond to a single message I sent and the fact that they’re making money by cheating people (and advertising all over Facebook as a legit company) is the thing that is most annoying.

Gotta believe that karma comes around for these people, but in the meantime, take this as another warning to steer clear.

Leave a comment:

• Jkhm47
    replied
    STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

I ordered a jacket (like an idiot) after a few cocktails on 10/27/2017 and as of today still have nothing. They provided me with a tracking number from China Post on 11/8/17 that has not updated or provided information as to the whereabouts of the item. I began a disputed through PayPal that I allowed to close because they assured me it was on the way. Fast forward a month, still no jacket. I’ve begun another dispute with PayPal to get my money back. This “company” is hiding behind a website that looks very professional and legitimate, but I would 100% call them a scam operation.

I registered just to warn others not to tie up their money on this garbage.

Leave a comment:

• Big Tim
    replied
    Stay Away from West Louis

[QUOTE=j.b.;281295]I"ve never heard of them, but they popped up on my facebook timeline as a recommendation, and the prices look too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I ordered a pea coat from them about 4 weeks ago and never heard anything from them - after they sent me an initial receipt. Emailed and emailed, no one ever responded. Finally I started a dispute with PayPal which was just settled in my favor.

Stay away from West Lous.

PS I joined this site just to tell you about that but it looks like there is some great information on here.

Leave a comment:

• evanparker
    replied
    the whole site looks like this basically

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Men...0AAOSwB-1Yr~P8

Leave a comment:

• Crims
    replied
    Originally posted by evanparker View Post
    YES 100%

i didn't know how to place it exactly, but that is exactly what i was thinking.
    And, if you run a few reverse image searches, you'll quickly see that there's a reason for that - many of the images on the West Louis website are ripped straight from cheap Asian brands selling on Amazon.

Leave a comment:

• evanparker
    replied
    Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
    Those pictures remind of the cheap Korean or Chinese brands that always clog up Amazon's clothing sections. Like"the Lees" , wantdo, doublju, etc. Those sleeves look entirely too narrow. If you work out even a little bit, you'd probably be able to go all Hulk on those arm seams.

YES 100%

i didn't know how to place it exactly, but that is exactly what i was thinking.

Leave a comment:

• Publius
    replied
    Anyone heard of West Louis?

Originally posted by guppy View Post
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

Lol I would say so.

I have occasionally tried out places I find online that look like they have potential but also appear sketchy. It's kind of a game for me. I view it as such so when disappointed am not surprised or really upset by it. I expect it to be rubbish from the get go.

From my own experiences with sites like the one you post I can tell you this. 9/10 chance it is based in China and rebranding items found on Alibaba for $5. Then marking up the price 1000%.

7/10 chance that what arrives is only a general representation of what you thought you would get. Different fabric, color, fit etc. When this happens it can be hilariously low quality. Not even fit for donation. I should post some pictures for fun one day.

If you play around enough you can find hidden gems. Some more recent ones are H2H (based on S. Korea) which makes some good stuff if you are careful and do your research. LeatherCult (based in India) which I've posted about and have become a fanboy of is another.

But expect rubbish. That's the bottomline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Publius; October 24, 2017, 03:15 PM.

Leave a comment:

• guppy
    replied
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    I'd avoid them. Look at their FAQ about tariffs/duty
    "Prices revealed on your respective receipt MIGHT be different from what you ordered but please do not worry! Usually what our fulfillment center would do is to mark as extremely low prices or mark the items as gifts altogether. This is to prevent tariffs/custom import duties being incurred on your end as for certain countries these additional charges are extremely costly."

Leave a comment:

• Nandyn
    replied
    Those pictures remind of the cheap Korean or Chinese brands that always clog up Amazon's clothing sections. Like"the Lees" , wantdo, doublju, etc. Those sleeves look entirely too narrow. If you work out even a little bit, you'd probably be able to go all Hulk on those arm seams.
    Last edited by Nandyn; October 23, 2017, 05:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 3piece
    replied
    Originally posted by j.b. View Post
    I was hopeful that it was actually a new entrant who was selling at low prices to make a name for themselves and generate some word of mouth....
    Mmm, like Combatant Gentlemen?

Leave a comment:

• j.b.
    replied
    yeah. Probably just slick marketing in front of sub-par products. I was hopeful that it was actually a new entrant who was selling at low prices to make a name for themselves and generate some word of mouth....but I don't think I want to be the first one to pull the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• 3piece
    replied
    You won't get it if you're expecting a quality garment that most people here would keep for a long time.

From their FAQ
    Each individual product may be shipped from different fulfillment centers across the globe.
    Hmm, I wonder if this is one those dropshipping businesses that I've been seeing advertised.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X