Anyone heard of West Louis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I"ve never heard of them, but they popped up on my facebook timeline as a recommendation, and the prices look too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I was looking at the jackets specifically:

https://www.westlouis.com/products/business-man-coat
    https://www.westlouis.com/products/business-man-jacket
    https://www.westlouis.com/products/w...er-men-jackets

You probably work there (yes we know that trick).

mostly seems like they have a bunch of low quality ugly clothes.

Comment

nope. definitely don't work there. I used to be active on dappered threads a couple of years ago (when I probably looked a lot more Dapper and before I had kids), but haven't posted for a long time. When I saw the ads, I knew this place would be a good place to ask for advice.

I appreciate the skepticism though....hence my post here before I bought anything.

Comment

Joining in 2012 and waiting 5+ years to begin advertising for this company requires a lot of patience...

Joking aside, I'd skip. The prices don't seem to be that much cheaper than something like Gap or BR on sale, and it looks like materials are 100% synthetic.
        Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

You won't get it if you're expecting a quality garment that most people here would keep for a long time.

From their FAQ
          Each individual product may be shipped from different fulfillment centers across the globe.
          Hmm, I wonder if this is one those dropshipping businesses that I've been seeing advertised.

Comment

yeah. Probably just slick marketing in front of sub-par products. I was hopeful that it was actually a new entrant who was selling at low prices to make a name for themselves and generate some word of mouth....but I don't think I want to be the first one to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by j.b. View Post
              I was hopeful that it was actually a new entrant who was selling at low prices to make a name for themselves and generate some word of mouth....
              Mmm, like Combatant Gentlemen?

Comment

Those pictures remind of the cheap Korean or Chinese brands that always clog up Amazon's clothing sections. Like"the Lees" , wantdo, doublju, etc. Those sleeves look entirely too narrow. If you work out even a little bit, you'd probably be able to go all Hulk on those arm seams.
                Last edited by Nandyn; October 23, 2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

I'd avoid them. Look at their FAQ about tariffs/duty
                  "Prices revealed on your respective receipt MIGHT be different from what you ordered but please do not worry! Usually what our fulfillment center would do is to mark as extremely low prices or mark the items as gifts altogether. This is to prevent tariffs/custom import duties being incurred on your end as for certain countries these additional charges are extremely costly."

Comment

They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

Comment

Originally posted by guppy View Post
                      They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

Lol I would say so.

I have occasionally tried out places I find online that look like they have potential but also appear sketchy. It's kind of a game for me. I view it as such so when disappointed am not surprised or really upset by it. I expect it to be rubbish from the get go.

From my own experiences with sites like the one you post I can tell you this. 9/10 chance it is based in China and rebranding items found on Alibaba for $5. Then marking up the price 1000%.

7/10 chance that what arrives is only a general representation of what you thought you would get. Different fabric, color, fit etc. When this happens it can be hilariously low quality. Not even fit for donation. I should post some pictures for fun one day.

If you play around enough you can find hidden gems. Some more recent ones are H2H (based on S. Korea) which makes some good stuff if you are careful and do your research. LeatherCult (based in India) which I've posted about and have become a fanboy of is another.

But expect rubbish. That's the bottomline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Publius; October 24, 2017, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                        Those pictures remind of the cheap Korean or Chinese brands that always clog up Amazon's clothing sections. Like"the Lees" , wantdo, doublju, etc. Those sleeves look entirely too narrow. If you work out even a little bit, you'd probably be able to go all Hulk on those arm seams.

YES 100%

i didn't know how to place it exactly, but that is exactly what i was thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by evanparker View Post
                          YES 100%

i didn't know how to place it exactly, but that is exactly what i was thinking.
                          And, if you run a few reverse image searches, you'll quickly see that there's a reason for that - many of the images on the West Louis website are ripped straight from cheap Asian brands selling on Amazon.

Comment

the whole site looks like this basically

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fashion-Men...0AAOSwB-1Yr~P8

Comment

Stay Away from West Louis

[QUOTE=j.b.;281295]I"ve never heard of them, but they popped up on my facebook timeline as a recommendation, and the prices look too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I ordered a pea coat from them about 4 weeks ago and never heard anything from them - after they sent me an initial receipt. Emailed and emailed, no one ever responded. Finally I started a dispute with PayPal which was just settled in my favor.

Stay away from West Lous.

PS I joined this site just to tell you about that but it looks like there is some great information on here.

Comment

Working...
                              X