What suit should I get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What suit should I get?

With the friends and family sale going on at Brooks Brothers, i'm looking to pick up a new suit. Which suit should I get, charcoal or grey? I already have a madison BB suit in Charcoal but even with tailoring feels a bit boxy. I tried on the Fitzgerald line and love the fit. Should I go with another charcoal or the grey suit?

Charcoal: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 575&Product_Id=1548094&Parent_Id=418&default_color =CHARCOAL&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

Grey: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id= 575&Product_Id=1210034&Parent_Id=418&default_color =BLACK&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=#http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/image/BrooksBrothers/212K_GREY_S?$swatches$

$800 is pretty steep for a BB suit - if you can wait, there are much better sales where prices drop closer to $600

Comment

Zerostyle what other sales are you talking about? Do you know when they are?

Comment

You can get a single suit for between $500-600 after Christmas. You can get $600 a suit now if you buy two of them. That's assuming you want a staple charcoal, which never go "on sale" outside of everyday sales (ie, 2 for $1599) or through store-wide discounts (ie, FF for the next few days).

Be aware that the first suit you linked is a tic weave, which might not be what you're looking for. The second "grey" one you linked is their dark charcoal; this is definitely not a mid-grey if that's what you were expecting.

Comment

Chareth thanks for the heads up on the tic weave and the true color on the grey suit. I might just pick up the second grey suit and a navy suit withe the F&F deal.

Comment

@SullyDC: I received two emails in the past month, one on April 14th and one this past Saturday advertising for probably the same online clearance sale for 1818 suits. Here are some pictures I snapped from my phone of the suits being offered during that sale. (The sizes could be all over the place, but it gives you an idea that BB does sell suits at 50% of their markup from time to time.)

Comment

rnj, there is a Friends and Family sale going on right now that offers 25% storewide, in-store and online. You can stack this on top of their everyday prices on suits, which brings their 2 for $1600 price down to 2 for $1200.

What you linked to is their standard clearance rack, that only ever has seasonal suits in odd sizes. You will never find a staple navy or charcoal in clearance, for example. If you're lucky, though, sometimes you can find some bargains in there but don't expect that to be the norm.

Comment

Chareth, I used the F&F code early but when I went to purchase the two suits it was not allowing me to stack the F&F code on top of the two suit discount. Any suggestions?

Comment

Chareth, can you take advantage of the 2 for $1200 sale online? If so, how?

Comment

Looks like they took down the 2 for $1600 everyday price on suits earlier today, unfortunately. I'm fairly certain I saw it still up when I checked this morning.

They do this sometimes during sales, where they remove many of the everyday discounts (except for dress shirts).

When I buy from BB, I usually just use my 15% corp discount, which always stacks with the everyday discount. I've learned my lesson that if there's something I like to just buy it and not wait for a sale, as non-staple suits in my size tend to sell out quickly.

Comment

Working...
                    X