Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonobos versus Suit Supply Suit

Hello Everyone,

I am considering using some of my tax refund money on a new navy suit. I am looking for a great quality modern, yet still office appropriate navy suit. Right now I am stuck between the Napoli from Suit Supply and the Foundation from Bonobos. Any thoughts on which would be the best buy? Also, I have about $90 in bonobos store credit, so the prices are pretty similar.

Thanks

Napoli link: http://www.suitsupply.com/shop/1.P27...&filter_21=638

Foundation link: http://www.bonobos.com/the-foundation-navy

Can't speak to suit supply but I really couldnt be happier with my Bonobos suit.

Comment

I have never tried a suit for Suit Supply, but I echo Jordan's praise of Bonobos suits. I now own 7 of their suits (4 wool, 3 cotton) and they are a great fit. Slim contour, very minimal shoulder padding, high armholes, and slim (no skinny) pants. If you are a first time buyer, there are 20% codes out there which can make cost more reasonable.

Comment

One thing you'll have to decide is if you want a slim lapel or not. The Napoli has a more traditional 3" lapel, while the Bonobos one looks much smaller. Or just get both and return the one you don't want.

Comment

Glad to have all your responses, thank you. Regarding the bonobos suit, do any of you know how wide the lapels are?

Comment

@andrew - just email the Bonobos ninjas ([email protected] i think). They're super helpful and will likely have that information handy, as well as any other Qs you may have on measurements, etc.

Comment

The lapel width for my bonobos suits is 2 3/4 inch (wool) and 2 inches (cotton).

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Comment

I haven't tried either but I am also shopping for a suit. I remember doing some research on Bonobos' custom grey suit and hearing problem about them on this forum.

If anything, for the price of that Bonobos suit, you could probably find a better one at Brooks Brothers at their semi-annual sale. I think most people would agree that BB suits > Bonobos suits Just don't buy the BB suit at regular price

Comment

But you can also get 20% off your first buy with bonobos + a lot of people have store credit saved up.

If you can get a Bonobos suit to 450$ or less I think they are a good deal.

Comment

@amathew. I think you may be referring to Indochino. Bonobos does not sell custom made suits.

The fabric of BB is better than Bonobos, but Bonobos (for me at least) is a far better fit than BB Milano line. Also BB does not sell separates (at least not online), which is a deal breaker for me as I have a 9 inch difference between my chest and waist.

Comment

@somaticmarker1 Ah yes, my bad, the complaints I've seen have been about Indochino and not Bonobos, at least on this forum.

Comment

any thoughts on suit supply being fully canvassed versus bonobos being fused?

Comment

Working...
                          X