Garden Wedding Atire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garden Wedding Atire

I’m attending a wedding in mid-November, in Florida, and am not sure what to wear. The dress code is something like “smart (or maybe fancy?) garden party.” I have a couple of older suits, neither of which I love. I’d kind of like to wear this pair of blue trousers that I recently bought, but I’m not sure what to pair with them:

https://jomers.com/products/willets-...co-dress-pants

Any thoughts?

My first though was some sort of patterned brown jacket, white shirt, and tie to pull it all together. The term "smart" is to just get people to not wear jeans to a wedding. What sort of jacket options do you currently have and do you have a budget to get one if not?

Comment

If you have light grey or light blue sport coat, either would pair with the trousers.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to wear a jacket, start there first. It's easier to match trousers to your jacket than vice versa. A navy blazer is an American garden party classic.

Matching an odd jacket with blue trousers is tricky. Brown is an option (although it doesn't really say garden party).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Navy and and medium blue works well with garden colors. You might also consider a tartan blue-green sport coat. Looking this up makes me want one, at least.

Comment

Ha..ha.. I thought jeans and blazer would count as a smart outfit.

I would wear sport coat-wool trousers combo of any formality. As formal as navy blazer-grey wool pants or anything less formal.

Comment

https://cdn.lookastic.com/tan-plaid-...ginal-3781.jpg

This color jacket works with blue pants. I would throw away the shirt,tie, and square in the picture though.

Comment

Thanks all. I didn’t realize how hard it was to match a jacket to blue pants when I bought them. I may end up going jacketless, since it’s Florida, and could be warm even in November.

Comment

Being from New Orleans (similar hot weather to Florida currently) I am a fan of a nice linen suit (or Linen jacket with dress pants combo) for such events. With those blue pants a nice grey linen blazer and light blue collared shirt combo may work well. Throw in a pocket square and skip the tie.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Kenny View Post
                    Being from New Orleans (similar hot weather to Florida currently) I am a fan of a nice linen suit (or Linen jacket with dress pants combo) for such events. With those blue pants a nice grey linen blazer and light blue collared shirt combo may work well. Throw in a pocket square and skip the tie.
                    Like this?
                    https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_categor...sFromSale=true

Comment

That might be a tad too casual but maybe not, hard to tell without actually seeing the outfit together. But it could likely work.

Just for comparison I just wore this jacket with white pants, a light blue shirt, and a pair of brown suede loafers to an outdoor garden type wedding and got a lot of compliments:

https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/jack.../C1103I06.html

Granted it is almost 3x as much price wise But I wear suits and blazers daily so I justify my costs lol

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
                        Navy and and medium blue works well with garden colors. You might also consider a tartan blue-green sport coat. Looking this up makes me want one, at least.

100% agree. I love the black watch tartan! Go with that, it'll be mid November so be a little festive/seasonal!

Comment

Originally posted by Tact View Post
                          Thanks all. I didn’t realize how hard it was to match a jacket to blue pants when I bought them. I may end up going jacketless, since it’s Florida, and could be warm even in November.
                          There's a reason why most odd trousers are grey or beige.

You can match blue trousers, but it takes finesse and is hard to do if you're shopping online. Even if you find a brown jacket, it might not be the right shade to complement the trousers. It's much easier to match a color with a neutral.

If you have suits, it might me better to go with one of them and then be a little whimsical with your shirt and accessories. A pink shirt (and a bow tie) would work for a garden party.

Comment

Working...
                          X