Is this light blue suit too...much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this light blue suit too...much?

Hi all, I've been a lurker for a while, but this is my first post. Since this is my first I just want to start out by saying that members here seem to be courteous and knowledgeable (if only all forums/comment sections were like this, right?). I was wondering what you all thought about this suit. It's kind of a light blue color with stripes if you look closely, and it's a 3 piece. I'm interested in wearing it as a summer subsitute for seersucker, but I was also wondering if you all thought it would be a bit much for work. Some context: I usually wear a jacket and tie, sometimes wear a suit, brighter colors in the spring and summer are welcome. Thanks for your input!

Front view:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA4MVg3MDU=/$(KGrHqNHJCME9ubOoDP0BPmhrSL5Ng~~60_57.JPG

Close up:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA2M1gxNTQy/$(KGrHqZHJBgE-QSFYkJyBPmhrkl2(Q~~60_57.JPG

Lining:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTA3Mlg5NDI=/$(KGrHqVHJB8E-N1cQ,wsBPmhrh,L(Q~~60_57.JPG

Love it! Definitely not too much for work either.

Comment

I say no way, that's an awesome color for a suit imo especially for summer...I don't think that'd be out of place at your job and would be good for a wedding too

Comment

This is fantastic. I say go for it.

Dress for style, live for results.

Comment

Looks really great. Wonderful summer suit.

Comment

Nice. Could forgo the vest on a lot of days or wear it if it's your look.

Comment

Alright, I'm sold. Thanks much for the feedback!

Comment

I might forgo the vest, simply because my personal preference is to keep the 3 piece for things like charcoal power suits. Also it might get awfully warm, with that extra layer. Thats all personal preference, though. Otherwise I say go for it.

Comment

You could also go pure vest and skip the jacket sometimes.

But I think that looks like a really nice suit, I would love to have it myself.

Comment

Well, it's bought. It's vintage so hopefully it's all in good condition (slash doesn't smell funny).

Thanks again for all you guys' input, my GF was skeptical *LOL* (and now comes the fear). Maybe I'll post some pics after I get it to the tailor.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Did anyone else find the pant-less, flesh-toned manikin slightly...alarming?

Comment

Pants are soooo 2011.

Get with the times, Deke!

Comment

Dear Deke,

I thought I was looking at jockey pants at first. Must be the Derby is on my mind!

Comment

Working...
                          X