Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Organization for Socks

First time poster here.

How do you guys organize your socks? I have two groups of socks - athletic and dress. And I'm having a hard time finding anything that would help me organize them. I was looking for grids for my dresser but couldn't find any at Amazon.

Thanks!

A quick search for drawer organizer at Target.com lead me to the Dial Dream Drawer organizer which is 4 spring loaded dividers that should fit into the average sock drawer. You can check to see if they have it at a local Target, or have it sent to you.

Comment

I just throw all my socks into one drawer (I do pair them though). I've got thin/normal dress socks, funky/novelty dress socks, wool dress socks, wool hiking socks, no shows, athletic crews, and toe socks for my 5 Finger shoes all jumbled together. I've never found myself wishing I had a better organized drawer as it only takes all of a couple seconds to rifle through the drawer.

Comment

I have this SAME EXACT PROBLEM! Someone on the forums here directed me to a sock organizer from Amazon. Basically it was just a box with a bunch of dividers that sat in your drawer. Did I ever get around to purchasing it? Nope. Are my socks still a mess? Yup.

Comment

At some point then space was no issue, I had socks separated by color (gray, brown, navy and other) and kept in shoe boxes in my closet. Athletic and boot socks were in another location to begin with. Currently I have my socks in one drawer and it is a bit more difficult to find what I want in the morning, but I can still manage to enjoy life.

Comment

I have 5 cedar sock boxes from Allen Edmonds. Holds about 6 pairs each. I use them for my dress socks/boot socks. Athletic socks are in a drawer

Comment

Athletic sox are in one drawer separated by white short, white long, black short, black long, and winter wool in the back. The other drawer has dress sox sorted by color. Colors I wear less often are in the back.

Comment

I have an $8 sock organizer from Amazon. The sock organizer is not great quality, but it separates socks just fine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

thanks everyone for your input.

I enjoy organization and seeing things laid out. There are times I would find a pair of socks that I haven't worn in 6 months!

Comment

[MENTION=14805]ianr[/MENTION] That's what I'm talking about! I need to order something like that. Would help immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                      [MENTION=14805]ianr[/MENTION] That's what I'm talking about! I need to order something like that. Would help immensely.
                      Before I used the plastic version, I used the cardboard insert from a box of cupcakes.
                      Last edited by ianr; October 17, 2017, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ianr View Post
                        Before I used the plastic version, I used the cardboard insert from a box of cupcakes.
                        Hmm. Now you have me thinking I might be able to use the cardboard insert from a case of beer. If I have to drink the case to get the insert, I suppose I'll take one for the sartorial team.

Comment

Just an update. I bought these "linen" organizer from Amazon, 13 dollars. Now, I know where all my socks are, and satisfied my OCD tendencies. First two rows are "dress" socks and second two rows are athletic/everyday (Nike dri fit) socks. While organizing socks, I did spring cleaning and threw away many socks I haven't wore in a year.

https://www.amazon.com/SimpleHousewa...awer+organizer

Comment

I like this way of organizing socks.

Comment

I like that, able to see the patterns on your socks more clearly.

Comment

Working...
                              X