Grey suit for summer graduation and trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grey suit for summer graduation and trip

Ok, so I will be atteneding my girl friend's graduation in a few weeks and I will also be goin to Las Vegas soon. Is a grey suit acceptable to wear to both events, yes vegas is an event bachhelor party actually. I know they are completely different occasions, I thought maybe a brighter shirt for vegas and a white or checkered shirt for the graduaion? Then do i got with black or brown shoes? I' thinking brown with the brighter color and black with the white shirt? Right,wrong,no way, yes way....thoguhts? thanks in advance

I say they grey suit is good for both events. Out of curiosity, is it a dark or light grey?

If it were me, I would certainly feel more adventurous in Vegas. I'd probably wear a more bold shirt or tie and lighter brown shoes (tan, walnut). For the graduation, I think you're good with black or brown in any shade, though I would lean towards a darker brown.

Comment

If you want one pair of shoes for both, go with a darker brown. Can't go wrong that route. If it's a lighter grey suit, you could go for a lighter brown / walnut.

I recently did a similar Vegas trip. Generally we went with nice jeans with shirts and sport coats (I wore casual grey suede wingtip oxfords), and we were still pretty overdressed for 90% of what we did. Generally, you don't have to overthink. More people were dressed terribly.

Comment

if light grey, id find a good Glen Plaid / Prince of Wales weave.

Comment

It's a light gray.....and I'm thinkin about those giorgio brutini cap toes,featured today. Might go to dsw after work to check them out. I have the black cap toes from dsw that were featured on here also, forgot the name. M.F are the initials. Thought about wearing them also...still playing with options

Thanks for all the replys also.

Comment

Working...
          X