No announcement yet.

Well, gents, back to one watch for me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Mad Martigan;279980]I guess I'll be wearing my trusty luminox sentry for a while, since I got ROBBED on Tuesday. Time to rebuild the collection. Too bad insurance has watches under "jewelry," so I'm capped at $1k reimbursement. Didn't think I needed a rider for my little collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUO

Sorry to hear that since everyones watch collections takes time and hard work to build a budget to buy them.

Comment

Robbery sucks, sorry about that.

Insurance thing was obviously a joke imo

Watches as jewelry... What else would they be? I have several so I am a watch guy but I can't think of anything else I would classify them as.

Comment

My first house got broken into twice. Sucks. First time it was just my garage, they got tons of tools, and I didn't have an inventory, so years later I would discover something missing that I didn't tell the insurance company about. Second time was about a week before Christmas and they got out with all the presents, my tv and PlayStation 3 I think. Wasn't as bad because I just bought it all and had receipts.

Comment

So sorry-

Don't overlook used watches, especially if you get an app on your phone to measure beat error (automatic and manual watches only), or recently serviced movements. Also, invest in a cheap ebay demagnetizer ~$4- even if you only have interest in quartz movements.
          See my photography: https://www.instagram.com/sparky_labrat/

Comment

Well, gents, back to one watch for me.

GOT MY GUITAR BACK!!!!! My friend and I were monitoring Craigslist and saw it pop up for sale. Let the detective working my case know and they went and checked it out, verified it was mine and scooped it up. Just picked it up from the precinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I can't find the stationary. -- James Bond

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Martigan View Post
              GOT MY GUITAR BACK!!!!! My friend and I were monitoring Craigslist and saw it pop up for sale. Let the detective working my case know and they went and checked it out, verified it was mine and scooped it up. Just picked it up from the precinct.

That's excellent news, glad you got that back. Any luck on the watches or other items while they were there?

Comment

Not as of yet. They're still trying to run the guy who had it down. The guy who put it on consignment said he got it from someone else, who was trying to get rid of a bunch of stuff, so there's hope. Honestly though, this was the only item I couldn't just rebuy and be made whole again.

Comment

When I was in Houston, TX I had my hotel room broken in to. They grabbed my computer, my camera, and some other misc stuff (no watches though as I only had one and I was wearing it). I filed a police report and didn't think anything of it.

About a month later the cops nabbed the guy as he was turning the camera in to a pawn shop. Turns out it was the third offense for the dude and off to jail he went. All for (at that time) a regular old SLR camera and lens. I did end up getting the camera and lens back. But the rest of the stuff was long gone.

Comment

So it turns out they got a really old checkbook that I didn't even know about and wrote some checks. So I reported it and closed the account on Saturday. Printed out the checks and gave them to the detective yesterday. Written to 3 different people, all local. Just googling them, 2/3 sounded like total POS, LOL. Detective said he had already pulled the same 2 up in their database, but we're waiting on the bank to tell us where the checks were processed. So even as of today, 5 days after reporting, the bank has done nothing. I'm sure they'll get around to it, its just frustrating.

Comment

That is gorgeous. I don't play, but having that around would certainly make me want to. Dang!

Comment

That is a ridiculously gorgeous shade of green! Glad you got that beauty back!

Comment

Working...
                        X