Best Bathing Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bathing Suits

Hey all, I'm interested in your opinion on the best bathing suits out there. Personally, I've never bought anything that went shorter than my knee, but I know that's not what's recommended. I'm open to other options, but I'm curious what you all think.

Here's one I found:

http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/StylePage-415571_X7.html?CM_MERCH=Shopping_Cart

What do you think? Style? Length? Quality... etc.

Personally, a 5" inseam would be too short for me. I actually love the Patagonia Wavefarer board short. I have a few pairs and they are by far the most comfortable and best quality board shorts I've ever worn. Do a Google search and you can find them discounted on other websites also.

http://www.patagonia.com/us/search/s...efarer?k=55-1D

Comment

I like the look of the LEC one but 5" is really short. That's like upper thigh short.

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

i think you can only get away with shorts that short if you are extremely ripped/toned. Otherwise it just look silly. Even then, 5 is probably a bit short. 6-7 would be better.

Comment

Err... I wear a speedo. I just wear long board shorts if I'm going casually, but I think I'd like a pair of short trunks. I would even consider:

But those LEC ones look great. I just have to work on my abs a little more first.

Comment

5-8" is pretty good length for swim trunks. Too long and they get floppy and skirt-like (and take longer to dry). Too short and you'll probably be a bit self-conscious - and look a little goofy if you're not ripped.

The Webster/Target thing has got a couple decent-looking swim trunks, on the slightly short side.

Ben

Comment

@thmage yeaaaah...that's not gonna happen.

I'm in good shape but I'm certainly not James Bond. I also am starting to think 5" is too short but I don't want something at knee length either.

Comment

@Mathis

Haha, can't blame you on not wanting the Bond look. However, you should have a good 4 inches to add onto a 5" inseam before you have to worry about shorts being knee length.

Comment

I work out a lot and am only 5 foot 7, so I'm thinking about grabbing those 5" LEC ones. Should be about right. Show off the goods a bit!

Comment

@Mathis, haha, I understand. But once you get used to a Speedo, there's no going back. (Just like how I can't swim for fun anymore, only laps )

Comment

There's a practical reason for wanting a suit that's a bit longer. A longer swim trunk ensures that those of us with a bit more don't run the risk of our endowment making an appearance. A low rise should be avoided on the same basis.

Comment

nobody needs 12" shorts to hide their dong, especially in a cold ocean.

Comment

You know swimwear typically has mesh underwear in it to hold your "endowment" in place, right? Anyway, the start of the inseam measurement is probably 2 inches below the beginning of said "endowment" at the crotch of the shorts, so unless you are pushing 7 inches sitting in cold water I think this is a non-issue. If it's STILL an issue, congrats and I don't want to hear about it... heh

Comment

Can you alter a bathing suit ? I like those LEC shorts (plus I'm a short guy, so 5" isn't that bad), but I have a 28" waist and they start at 29.

Having your manhood peaking out from the bottom of your shorts is something, but loosing the entire bathing suit is not a good thing either.

Comment

Northface makes a great short that is a decent length but isn't too long. You can get in short (6 in) or reg (8 in), and can find other colors around at various retailers.

http://www.thenorthface.com/catalog/...s-v-trunk.html

Comment

Working...
                              X