WHY I HATE Banana Republic Luxe Polos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WHY I HATE Banana Republic Luxe Polos!

I've bought several over the years. Learned my lesson early on. I'm 6 feet tall. The regular medium shrunk at least an inch in the waist. No problem. I got this. I started ordering medium talls. It worked for a few while, probably close to a year. Then it happened. Again and again. They shrink like crazy in length. Over and over, despite my best efforts to dry on extra low heat. But it is getting worse. The newer models don't even last a month. They shrink up short, but become WIDER in width around the bottom half. So now I'm left with polos that are too short and don't stay tucked in, and polos that billow out around my waist. I cannot win. I'm done with them. I loved them briefly, but I can't keep this up. I can't keep dancing this dance, over and over again, only to be disappointed. Should I gamble with the medium tall slim polos? Hard to say. Will I? Probably. Because I haven't found a better option. Why do you do this to me BR luxe touch polo? WHY!? Better to have loved and lost they say right? Hmm...
    42" Chest 32" Waist 6' Tall 185 lbs.

I hope someone enjoys my sorrow and suffering...

Comment

On a side note. Can anyone recommend some nice polos?

Comment

Try air drying them

Comment

What wash setting are you using? It could be the mechanical agitation that's causing it to shrink.

Comment

I wash almost everything on delicate, cold water, and air dry and use the Woolite for darks. They only get more than that if they are exceptionally dirty going in. Since doing that, all of my clothes have lasted longer across the board.

Comment

I ditched the BR polos for that very reason a few years ago. My go to polos now are Kent Wang, Spier & Mackay, or Uniqlo. All are significantly better than BR.

Comment

Anyone have any experience with the Criquet ones on the main site? It looks like they would do well under a sportscoat...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine shrunk too Bummer, because they were my favorite.

Comment

I've had the same problem. I really liked how they fit and felt so I bought 4-5 when they went on sale last year. I washed cold delicate and air dried and most of them have still shrunk. Strangely, I have a couple of the luxe t-shirts and one has shrunk while the other has not.

Comment

For knit shirts like polos and slim fitting t-shirts I hang them inside to air dry. Any of my dress shirts that may be marginal in sleeve length are also hung to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Porter View Post
                        I hope someone enjoys my sorrow and suffering...
                        Your despair sustains me. Your problem actually sounds like a benefit for me, as I'm only 5'6" and wear smalls, but they are always too long in length. I always try to shrink my stuff up a bit on the wash/dryer but some things don't shrink in length enough. I'll have to try to get my hands on some of those polos when they're on super sale

Comment

I found they shrunk significantly (both the BR luxe and the no-longer-offered factory outlet version), so I sized up to XL from L. I've only washed them once, so I'll have to see how they do over time. Glad I bought them on discount for around $25...

It's a shame, as I really like their more dressy feel compared to a pique polo for certain occasions.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                            Your despair sustains me. Your problem actually sounds like a benefit for me, as I'm only 5'6" and wear smalls, but they are always too long in length. I always try to shrink my stuff up a bit on the wash/dryer but some things don't shrink in length enough. I'll have to try to get my hands on some of those polos when they're on super sale
                            Polos tend to get wider when they shrink, though. When I've had polos shrink in the past, it generally wasn't a good result.

By the way, I don't know your build, but if you find smalls to be too long, you might want to try XS in a looser fit. That helps a lot with length for me (5'7").

Comment

Originally posted by Nandyn View Post
                              I'm shorter than you and my size small lux touch polo shrank to the size of a belly shirt. I often try to shrink shirts for a better fit but the shrinkage on these things is insane. Don't waste your money.

Edit: I should add that I didn't intend on shrinking this polo. Washed in cold water on a gentle cycle and air dried.

Comment

Working...
                              X