What's your wedding ring look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your wedding ring look like

Well there you go. Title says it all. Curious to know what wedding rings you guys are sporting. Plain? White gold? A diamond in there somewhere? Something unique?

Here's mine. A simple white gold ring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titanium with a diamond. Super comfy with a little pizzazz

Comment

A simple 5mm stainless comfort fit band.

Comment

5mm 18kt yellow gold.

Comment

Comment

White gold with a yellow gold border.

Comment

I don't wear one because I don't see a reason to.

Comment

[MENTION=15867]carlitos[/MENTION] nice. I debated about going with a two toned ring. In the end I settled on a solid white gold ring.

[MENTION=4069]JBarwick[/MENTION] nice. Reminds me a bit of my dad's ring.

[MENTION=16813]jrl88[/MENTION] nice. What's the make-up of the ring? Just curious. Thanks!

Comment

It's a Benchmark Cobalt Chrome. Cheap, simple and comfortable.

Comment

Cool thread. I took a long time picking my ring since I don't normally wear jewelry outside a watch. It's palladium beveled edges with a comfort band. The comfort band was a huge difference in comfort and fit when I tried mine.

I'd be curious the average age of individuals as I think certain designs and materials depend on the age (or when they got them). I'll be married for 7 years come this October and am currently 33.

I avoided yellow gold because that's what my parents have and it seemed outdated. I wanted a tattoo with the date since I don't wear my ring when I lift or play hockey. The wife vetoed that one. I also avoided all the trendy metals just incase I ever had an injury and wanted them to be able to easily cut the ring off. They had to do that for my dad and I'll never forgot the DR telling us he wouldve lost his finger if they couldnt cut his gold band off.

Comment

Subscribing for curiosity - don't have one myself yet, but in the market soon enough...

Comment

Stock photo since I'm at work, but this is nearly my exact ring (or actually might be). Classic with some interesting detail. Brushed center, beveled and polished edge with two small lines running down it where the brush meets the polished spot. 14K white gold. between 6-8mm... I forget already.

Then I have this one for travel and working out or working around the house (silicon):

"You don't need money to dress better than you do" - Salvatore Romano

Comment

Originally posted by greg_s View Post

Stock photo since I'm at work, but this is nearly my exact ring (or actually might be). Classic with some interesting detail. Brushed center, beveled and polished edge with two small lines running down it where the brush meets the polished spot. 14K white gold. between 6-8mm... I forget already.

Then I have this one for travel and working out or working around the house (silicon):

My actual ring is very plain brushed cobalt chromium. I like it alright, but after wearing it for awhile it's a little clunkier than ideal. I pretty much wear a silicon band (ROQ) all the time now, usually a black one. I feel kind of bad about it, but my wife says she doesn't mind.

https://www.amazon.com/Silicone-Wedd.../dp/B01CG1G018

Comment

Originally posted by hockeysc23 View Post
                            I'd be curious the average age of individuals as I think certain designs and materials depend on the age (or when they got them). I'll be married for 7 years come this October and am currently 33.
                            I'm in my mid 40ies. First marriage. And haven't been married all that long. I decided to go with a white gold/simple band (or as the jeweler called it - a Grandpa band) because I wanted something that would be timeless for me. Sure I like fancy shoes and stuff now, but will I five years from now? I was worried that if I had a lot of design on my ring now, that later on my tastes would change. So by going with a simple, white gold band, I knew it would be timeless.

As for the colour, I've always liked the look of white gold. So for me, that was an easy decision to make.

Comment

This picture is pretty similar to my ring. It's a copper, white gold or silver (can't tell), yellow gold mokume gane that's been etched and inlaid into a yellow gold band. I think it's a George Sawyer ring. Wife and I found it on consignment in a local jewelry store when we were ring shopping and I loved it at first sight. My dad has a ring with a wheat shaft motif and he's an agriculture guy. I'm a geologist so I wanted to find something in that theme. The layers look like sedimentary strata to me.

Edit to say I'm 34, married 8 years

Last edited by thedrake; August 28, 2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X