Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your wedding ring look like

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #46
    I'd rather have my $40 ring easily shattered off my finger than one that has to be cut off during a finger injury. Or stolen for it's gold content. Gold rings are so expensive now you could cover it in tiny diamond settings for the same price.

    If you're really brave Google Image ring related finger injuries. They are horrible!

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

    Comment


      #47


      The one on the left:
      7mm comfort band, platinum & sterling mokume gane

      Comment


        #48
        Originally posted by Dun View Post
        I'd rather have my $40 ring easily shattered off my finger than one that has to be cut off during a finger injury. Or stolen for it's gold content. Gold rings are so expensive now you could cover it in tiny diamond settings for the same price.

        If you're really brave Google Image ring related finger injuries. They are horrible!

        Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
        On the same rafting trip that I lost my first ring on, a woman we were chatting with told us a story about one time she was white water kayaking and her hand got smashed between her boat and a rock and it crushed her ring onto her finger. Said she almost lost her finger because of it.

        Comment


          #49
          I'm not married but due to my crossfit/weightlifting I would probably go with a silicone ring for daily use and simple white gold for my "real" ring.
          Ben

          Comment


            #50
            My wife and I actually got married with Qalo (the silicone) rings just because it wasn't a big deal for us, and it was more of a symbolic gesture than anything fancy. We each have "real" rings now, but wear the Qalo for anything outdoors or the gym - she's a competitive powerlifter and I do a lot of cycling/rockclimbing. My ring is Tungsten, though - with a strip of rose gold around it to match her band. Both came from Etsy shops.

            This is mine (though it doesn't look that shiny on the inside IRL):

            Comment


              #51
              This is what I got. Very simple 4.5mm platinum band.

              https://www.whiteflash.com/photos/20...pg?quality=100

              Comment


                #52
                Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                On the same rafting trip that I lost my first ring on, a woman we were chatting with told us a story about one time she was white water kayaking and her hand got smashed between her boat and a rock and it crushed her ring onto her finger. Said she almost lost her finger because of it.
                Doing anything really active in a metal ring is a bad idea, whether it's tungsten or gold or whatever. (Silicone is probably fine, because it'll stretch and likely break before doing any damage to the finger.) A metal band will generally completely destroy the flesh on your finger before it breaks, though (absent an intentional break with a vice or a cut with an appropriate tool). I always take mine off before lifting or doing construction or anything like that.

                Aside from the danger to your finger, if you're wearing a metal band (except tungsten), rock climbing, rafting, lifting, etc. all beat the crap out of the ring. I don't know why anyone would want to do that to their band. For lifting, it's also in the way and greatly increases the likelihood that you pinch the skin when doing any kind of pull, which isn't terribly dangerous but is still quite unpleasant.

                Comment


                  #53
                  Originally posted by L_Wilson View Post
                  My wife and I actually got married with Qalo (the silicone) rings just because it wasn't a big deal for us, and it was more of a symbolic gesture than anything fancy. We each have "real" rings now, but wear the Qalo for anything outdoors or the gym - she's a competitive powerlifter and I do a lot of cycling/rockclimbing. My ring is Tungsten, though - with a strip of rose gold around it to match her band. Both came from Etsy shops.
                  So yours has a gold interior? That honestly seems like the worst of all possible worlds from a safety standpoint. They'd have to break the tungsten and cut the gold.

                  Realistically, having a ring removed for urgent medical reasons is pretty uncommon, though. Especially if you are responsible and take it off for risky activities.

                  Comment


                    #54
                    Originally posted by dpark View Post
                    So yours has a gold interior? That honestly seems like the worst of all possible worlds from a safety standpoint. They'd have to break the tungsten and cut the gold.

                    Realistically, having a ring removed for urgent medical reasons is pretty uncommon, though. Especially if you are responsible and take it off for risky activities.
                    Yeah. don't necessarily know that it was picked out for its safety rating as much as it was because she liked that it kind of matched the rose gold in her ring. I don't wear it for anything active or even outdoors because it's a bit too big as is, and I have the silicone ring too. I also work in education, so it's not like I'm routinely bashing my hands around on things. Well...in theory.

                    Comment


                      #55
                      I'm starting to feel bad , I lost my wedding ring after 6 months of the wedding and I got married in 2007. I just don't like wearing rings not my thing.

                      Comment


                        #56
                        I need more info on these silicone rings. I like to camp and hike and it would be cool for that. My wife doesnt mind if I take it off while working around the house but out in public I would rather wear one. Plus I lose things so I just never take it off unless I am working on the car or putting taking the doors on or off the jeep. She would rather I lose my ring than scratch he jeep doors lol

                        Comment


                          #57
                          Mine looks nearly identical to Daves but is made of Palladium. It's part of the platinum family but much cheaper and lighter. I think it cost around $350. I can't wear gold due to religious reasons or I probably would have gone for white gold. I originally wanted titanium but was worried about it getting stuck on my finger in case of an accident, etc.

                          Not that it matters as I hardly wear my ring. My wife doesn't care and actually believes wearing a ring causes more women to hit on you.

                          I'm 40 and coming up on 5 years next month. I wanted something plain and classic.

                          Comment


                            #58
                            Originally posted by idvsego View Post
                            I need more info on these silicone rings. I like to camp and hike and it would be cool for that. My wife doesnt mind if I take it off while working around the house but out in public I would rather wear one. Plus I lose things so I just never take it off unless I am working on the car or putting taking the doors on or off the jeep. She would rather I lose my ring than scratch he jeep doors lol
                            I think the most popular brand of them is Qalo, but you can probably search around and find many other variations: https://qalo.com

                            Comment


                              #59


                              Most beautiful moment in anyone's life.

                              Comment


                                #60
                                ....aaaaaand 18 months after I posted my ring, it’s gone. Lost it in Hawaii at the Polynesian Cultural Center when putting on suntan lotion.

                                I miss that ring.




                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X