• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
    Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
    Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
    One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
    One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
    In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Mine looks like the ring of power, except writing doesn't appear when heated by fire.

Comment

I told my wife "If you gets diamonds I gets diamonds. Now pay the man!"

She may have given me a weird look and probably had second thoughts....

Comment

Plain titanium. Thinking about to switching to a satin white gold if I can find one

Comment

I wear a ~6mm titanium band with a white gold inlay. I'm 35 and have been married for 12 years. This is actually my second ring, which I bought after I lost my first (which was a plain, white gold band), while water rafting after about a year.

manufacturers picture:

The difference between the titanium and white gold is way less noticeable in-person though. The two metals are almost the same color. It has to be just at the right angle, with the right light to really stand out all that much.
          Last edited by drocpsu; August 30, 2017, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Simple rose gold band. I intended to do a silver band or tungsten, but my wife tried on every possible wedding band in central Texas before we just had one made to match her engagement ring. During that shopping period, I slipped on the rose gold band in a fit of boredom and it just looked right. Busted my planned budget for my ring, but hell, I wear it every day and never take it off, so...
            Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
            Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
            --Jason Isbell

Comment

Originally posted by BillN View Post
              . Busted my planned budget for my ring, but hell, I wear it every day and never take it off, so...
              This made me laugh ^^. That had happened to me as soon as I sat down to purchase the wife's engagement ring. Went in with one budget in mind, left with something way way off/more than I had planned for. But seeing how happy she was made it all worth it.
              Last edited by DocDave; August 30, 2017, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DocDave View Post
                This made me laugh ^^. That had happened to me as soon as I sat down to purchase the wife's engagement ring. When in with one budget in mind, left with something way way off/more than I had planned for. But seeing how happy she was made it all worth it.
                Easy to do. I had an amount in mind that I was looking to spend, then a max budget, and quickly the former moved up to the latter. Got exactly what she wanted, so worth it (especially in the long run relative to the amortized price increase).

Comment

Originally posted by hornsup84 View Post
                  Easy to do. I had an amount in mind that I was looking to spend, then a max budget, and quickly the former moved up to the latter. Got exactly what she wanted, so worth it (especially in the long run relative to the amortized price increase).
                  My wife liked the temporary setting the solitaire I bought came with so it was beefed up a little after she got it to make it more secure. I was surprisingly able to stay on buget by shipping it out of state and saving tax.

Comment

Mine only lasted a couple months before the ocean ate it. Wife and I bought some $40 tungsten with koa wood bands. Two on mine, one and on hers. These things look great after 7 years of wear and we aren't worried if we lost them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm 35 and have been married for 8 years. I went to a jeweller and had my ring and my wife's made. I wanted something that wouldn't draw attention and that would look timeless. I went with a simple 4 mm white gold comfort fit band with my wedding date stamped on the inside along with a name that my wife calls me. After 8 years of looking at this thing every day I have no regrets with my choice.

Sent from my SM-G530W using Tapatalk

Comment

I am liking all of this talk about tungsten rings. I own a tungsten ring that I wore in my pointer finger of my right hand for years. Loved the heft and feel of the ring. In fact I'd still be wearing the wring now were it not for the fact I'm self-conscience of having my wedding band on my left hand the the tungsten ring on the right. Plus, and more importantly, I don't want the ring on my right hand to detract from the ring on my left.

Comment

Interestingly, because tungsten is a super hard metal it stays looking nice and shiny for a long time, but it's also brittle (compared to other 'traditional metals'). A buddy of mine had a tungsten wedding ring and was playing with it one day, and accidentally dropped it. It hit the tile floor and shattered. I don't think it's a super common occurrence, especially if it's always just on your finger, but it's possible.

Comment

That's surprising. I wouldn't expect a tungsten ring to shatter that easily. I wonder if it had sustained a bunch of previous falls or if it had a flaw from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by drocpsu View Post
                              Interestingly, because tungsten is a super hard metal it stays looking nice and shiny for a long time, but it's also brittle (compared to other 'traditional metals'). A buddy of mine had a tungsten wedding ring and was playing with it one day, and accidentally dropped it. It hit the tile floor and shattered. I don't think it's a super common occurrence, especially if it's always just on your finger, but it's possible.
                              This is the second time I've heard this! At my wedding someone asked them what my ring was made from. They then proceed to tell me how their (now ex) husband dropped his tungsten ring and it shattered on the floor! Who would have thunk it?

Comment

Here is mine. Simple with a beveled edge and a comfort curve on the inner surface. The color is darker than I really wanted. I would rather have it a few shades lighter to not contrast as much with my watches.

Comment

Working...
                                X