Care for Bayfield Brown Chromexcel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Care for Bayfield Brown Chromexcel...

Seems like a few of us have recently purchased this shoe (seriously, thank you Bruschetta!).

I'm just wondering what your guys' thoughts are on the shoe care on these. Allen Edmonds' website Ask and Answer recommends their Brown Aqua-Care Shoe Cream instead of their premium polish (I read this about 20 minutes after placing an order for their brown premium polish...).

I did a search on using this aqua-care and found this: http://tinyurl.com/cbvyqot

I think it makes the leather look too glossy, personally. I almost think that using a method that Acousticfoodie recommended that he uses on his rough leather shoes, just using AE Leather Conditioner/Cleaner might be the route I go...

I'm wondering how the rest of you who will soon be proud owners of these boots are planning to care for them? Thanks!

I'm probably going to have to try that.

I'm over my head with the CXL but it'll be fun learning. Still, it's a fantastic leather one way or another. Can't wait.

Comment

Nick Horween "I like Venetian Cream for conditioning and luster, neat’s foot oil is a good option as well." In the Response section at the end of this article: http://horween.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/chromexcel®-2/

Comment

For my Wolverine 1000 mile boots which are also CXL. I have used AE conditioner and saphir renovateur (you could also use Venetian shoe cream) to condition the boots. I have also used Montana Pitch Blend which also conditions the boot and repels water. Let's see some pictures of your new boots.

Comment

Just to follow up on this; I recently got some Allen Edmonds Aqua-care on some crazy clearance and used it; I think it worked pretty well, and immediately covered a scuff I recently put on one toe.

I'm a fan, at least for these boots. I'm interested in what Alan uses on his...

Comment

I use sapphir dubbin graisse. It has mink and seal oil and doesn't darken the leather in my experience. It really doesn't take much, I use a dauber so I don't over do it.

Comment

Working...
            X