Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undershirts/"Wifebeaters"

So, do you guys wear them?

I wear just basic v-neck undershirts, whenever I have a button-up.

Comment

It is hella- hot this time of year but, yes. Yes, I do. Why do you ask, brethren?

Comment

Eh, just curious what you guys wear under button-up shirts. I don't like when you can see the outline of the neck though...

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

I usually do, just because I feel kinda stuffy with a t-shirt or a vneck underneath a button up shirt, especially now that its scorching outside

Comment

I do..I have a few jockey ones but I don't find my usual ones anymore. I got a 4 pack of ribbed Alfani cotton tanks the last time around (10$) but after a few washes, they sorta start losing their shape.

Anyone has any suggestions for the ones that retain shape with regular wear?

Comment

Hanes Classic V-neck. I also wear them when I'm out running errands with jeans or shorts. Super comfy and they fit nicely on a slimmer build. They aren't huge and shapeless.

Comment

I used to wear them until I discovered the joy of not wearing them. Worth noting that I'm not a sweaty guy.

Comment

I only wear them in certain situation, but I like the 2(x)ist ones that I bought at Nordstrom Rack. They fit slim to the body, and the V is a good depth to hide behind a polo or dress shirt. I have been checking my local one about twice a month to buy more, but I haven't seen them there since last September.

Comment

Yes, I wear wifebeaters (A-shirts) under dress shirts and polos. The Hanes premium cotton hold up pretty well.

Comment

Used to wear mostly crew necks, with some v-necks - now I wear neither. I find I get less superhot, and that my shirts don't require any more washing or smell any worse than usual (which is to say, they don't smell at all!). I never got the point of wife beaters, though. If I wanted to wear an undershirt, why would I leave my pits exposed? I also think they look a little tacky when you can see their outline through the shirt.

Comment

Yeah, I never got the point of WBs either. I used to wear crew-neck undershirts but have since switched to V-necks. Uniqlo Airism in gray is my favorite.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/CPaGoods/itemcode=071755

Comment

Serving in the military got me hooked into the habit of wearing undershirts. I have gone from wearing only WBs, to only crew, to a current mix of crew and v-neck (on the way to wearing v-neck only).

Comment

Since I do not perspire heavily in the underarm area, it has never mattered that wifebeaters do not cover the armpits. Plus, I like the fact that wifebeaters are less confining than a crew or v-neck. Essentially, it all comes down to personal preference and what you are most comfortable in.

Comment

Working...
                              X