Review of Banana Republic Traveler Jeans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of Banana Republic Traveler Jeans

I tried on a pair of BR Traveler jeans in-store last year and immediately fell in love -- they were the most comfortable pair of jeans I had ever worn. They were pricey, but luckily they were on sale. I chose a versatile black pair of jeans and left the store with a lighter wallet than I had intended, but still satisfied.

Not too much later, I washed my traveler jeans... and was immediately horrified. The jeans were destroyed by the wash. The color was faded and there was a hole in the crotch. This is NOT the quality I expect on a 3-figure pair of jeans.

Needless to say, I will NEVER buy a pair of BR Travelers again LET ALONE shop at BR.
    Last edited by vai; August 4, 2017, 12:55 PM.

What cycle, water temp, etc.? As someone who has 3 pairs of BR Traveler jeans and loves them, I'll be the first to tell you that they're not exactly high quality and they're certainly not durable. For my nicer quality jeans I'd never throw them in the washing machine.

It sucks that there's a hole in the crotch already, I'd go to BR and try to explain the issue to them and maybe they'll refund you or offer you a replacement.
    Instagram: WoofOrWeft

Comment

Originally posted by vai View Post
      I tried on a pair of BR Traveler jeans in-store last year and immediately fell in love -- they were the most comfortable pair of jeans I had ever worn. They were pricey, but luckily they were on sale. I chose a versatile black pair of jeans and left the store with a lighter wallet than I had intended, but still satisfied.

Not too much later, I washed my traveler jeans... and was immediately horrified. The jeans were destroyed by the wash. The color was faded and there was a hole in the crotch. This is NOT the quality I expect on a 3-figure pair of jeans.

Needless to say, I will NEVER buy a pair of BR Travelers again LET ALONE shop at BR.
      I've got a couple of pairs of BR Traveler jeans. They've lasted for over 3 years, faded like normal jeans, and I've washed and dried them as I would other pants (not, though, like raw denim). As another poster noted, they're not high quality denim, but they've been great for, well, traveling. But if they're falling apart after one wash you should definitely take them back to BR. Their customer service has been strong in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by vai View Post
        I tried on a pair of BR Traveler jeans in-store last year ... left the store with a lighter wallet than I had intended, ... Not too much later, I washed my traveler jeans...The jeans were destroyed by the wash.
        So a year ago you bought a pair of jeans. When you washed them shortly after, they essentially fell apart. Now a year later you're really, really upset about it and posting here?

I don't understand this. If you bought a pair of pants and they fell apart quickly, why didn't you take them back then? If this happened a year ago, why do you suddenly care enough to post an angry review?

Comment

Originally posted by dpark View Post
          So a year ago you bought a pair of jeans. When you washed them shortly after, they essentially fell apart. Now a year later you're really, really upset about it and posting here?

I don't understand this. If you bought a pair of pants and they fell apart quickly, why didn't you take them back then? If this happened a year ago, why do you suddenly care enough to post an angry review?

^^^ my thoughts exactly while reading it

Comment

Working...
          X